Author Topic: Dooble releases, Qt5 builds  (Read 89509 times)

Pete

• View Profile
Re: Dooble releases, Qt5 builds
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2023, 02:28:07 pm »
Hi Dave

I have not added to whatever fonts got installed by 5.0.5 - no Bitstream fonts installed. Dooble had defaulted to mainly Helvetica. Guess I should have a look at extra fonts.

Dooble rarely gets closed - it usually crashes taking down the system - I should probably use a cmd file to start Dooble with the first line deleting the .dooble directory to avoid possible profile problems.

Regards

Pete

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2023, 04:19:42 pm »
OK, looking at Dooble on the last beta, the fonts it uses are, Arial, Courier New and Times New Roman. Doesn't look quite as nice as on my usual install but works satisfactory.
Problem with deleting the profile regularly is you lose too much, history, some logins, the block list and anything you've personalized.
You could set up things how you like, install the block list etc, and the block list helps a lot with stability by stopping a lot of ads and their JavaScript, back up the profile and restore regularly.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2023, 05:46:32 am »
Here's the latest release. This time I built an RPM and this is the resulting zip. Perhaps I should revert to how I was doing it previously? The RPM itself has a link on the other thread.
https://c.gmx.com/@744346040190108571/1rOkBfA9T76_YoI4dOIS0A

Holger Schuett

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2023, 11:12:24 am »
Hi Dave,
tried your new build on both my machines. On the first one I once again had to delete .dooble in the home directory (seeing the same trap as mentioned before deleting). Now this release works fine, I believe it is the fastest release concerning loading so far and seems to be very stable.
On my second machine everything worked right out of the box.
Thank you!

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2023, 02:03:18 pm »
Hi Dave
Your new version was very pleasantly surprised. It is for now the best I've tried.
But within a few minutes it is blocked, and the first page is loaded to the fourth tab I open.
When the Shared High Memory will be done at 650 to 700Mb the game is over.
I have the last version of Paul of the FFMPEG installed, and it works very well,
 I can watch full screen videos with your Dooble QT5.

I attach a patch that I have been using to unlock the memory, which I find interesting.
It helps to extend the time of use. In the YOUTUBE ads it fails, so it is better not to click on the red icon,
click in the third YouTube icon.
My patch also fails when after opening the YouTube, you open www.ebay.com, a sound error is created,
 which is repeated, you have to pause the video, wait for the noise to stop and give the play again.
But despite these failures, the DLLs that I comment on the patch should be checked.
      I have virtualaddresslimit=3072 Screen 1920x1080 64k
      In Dooble with 512mb cache, single processor, on and off
With my patch I can execute dooble, in single process on and off.
 Although it is faster on and better.
saludos

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2023, 02:34:58 am »
I set VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT to 2560. Here are some websites where dooble does not work well enough. I also had failures on some banking websites, which I'm not posting in a public forum.

PayPal.com -- loads a blank page. After creating a new profile, allows sign-in, seems to work, hung while cancelling invoice.

ebay.com -- loads a blank page. After creating a new profile, seems to work for a while. Hung while listing an item.

nextdoor.com link -- loads a blank page. After creating a new profile. "Error logging in. The server is busy, please try again later."
nextdoor.com -- Created a new profile. "Internal server error. Please try again or contact us if the problem persists."

pirateship.com -- Created a new profile. hangs when trying to create a shipment.

My local supermarket, New Leaf,  Flyer

https://u7632418.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=3Rvr9JqwLJVWMUMowZeEEBNd1yHExrMtctonv9ZLLZB3jRf-2Bv-2FSAxYW0Rua32Jl-2FpiDyq5AVGj7-2F-2BoQ0HsHzWKNQKaG2hdTv78B35OEKhuz1e3K-2BMoS09ZRFwmJ4Eb8zeOaCeUj3tXpSNymmw-2B6LTwrEHQJKE2xiqtYcj08Pq7S7N6Wj6KK0ijumh9FlVv0-2BNfP-2F-2FOuMv3AO5-2BKROXbvZ6rIgfkVjE0i7avkW-2BgNCq8-3D8lnq_pS5LulTa8lS6qzAAh9sBiVnVlDeEGUc6xSxAWvPZh0OxhrWC-2FtSvmpVp4G9G0K9LVemmdYcZIvWDbzFzHFZaxdtfktQhN0YwluksD4JnSt11uRLSnUf1Tnw8WShaDhCZ6Bjx84oiOH8eVmxULOg08qmkUFSybbJq99jtsvHXInDw4e3U01qzh32V6QbcdGWtI2ckZx4gD7LxDTdr4E3Wzeex3NyVJv-2BQ-2BpFIdK3-2FN-2BNsN6eJUzDQbhNqz2z66fST-2BcTD2xen-2BOHeoHeJoZL3viFX8to6mA6rvr7ajCHp4qXiLDztdAamULtIMBKGrI9FLh-2FzKPM1ZH3zKCzqSYFRGdpBqtk-2FbBU-2B80ObUpvtbWnST-2BA5RpiMPaCdCWI-2Bm3IpFY-2FU5LJAYtHyZS0qVTdfsl7P3GueQjbuKXif9wp0Ha5XHxxvzzV-2FE02ZoULYuUvHf2Iw5LNShsFDEKSTM8kCjaimnzJeXyrcEl8ckR3InsM-3D

-- "something went wrong"

https://www.businessinsider.com/tj-maxx-nordstrom-rack-which-store-is-better-2018-8 -- many flaws, pictures missing

Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2023, 03:43:39 am »
I have to use the QT6 build of Dooble sometimes as the QT5 build is getting ancient, Chrome 83 while the newest is Chrome 114. With sites mostly caring about the most recent version and version-1, more and more sites will break. The Qt6 build that I'm using isn't much newer either but does seem to work on the odd site where the Qt5 one doesn't. Seems the Qt6 version I have is Chrome 90, still old but Paul's newer builds are really unstable or I lost track which were stable.
Most of your sites worked with the Qt6 build, unlike the Qt5 build at least until sigtrapping (memory?) though I never logged in and some like the super market flyer were still somewhat broken.
All versions have a bug too when it comes to displaying SVG images.
The problems, besides straight bugs like the SVG one, is that Dmik seems to busy, doesn't like to update and the newer the chrome version, the more memory hungry it is in this 64 bit world, which is screwing up with Paul's progress.

Holger Schuett

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2023, 08:04:58 pm »
Hi Neil,

this is what I get when opening, for example, nextdoor.com. At least no blank page, same with paypal or ebay. I played around with ebay a little bit, I am able  to start a search, but then things slow down
Over all, David's last version of the qt5 dooble is a great improvement for me and my needs. I must admit that I mainly stick to only 3 or 4 sites which I visit daily, but these work well.

Holger

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2023, 05:35:57 am »
Regarding Nextdoor.com, Displaying the login page is trivial. Actually logging in is needed to derive any of the gain of using their website.

eBay and PayPal can actually log in and do some things, but not the things I'd normally do on those web sites.

This is not meant as criticism of the dooble porters/developers. I'm documenting what is broken at this time. I'm hopeful that development will continue and improvements will be made.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2023, 06:08:44 am »
The problems are, most of the webengine is in Qt, and that's where it needs to be fixed, Dooble is sorta like a skin over Chromium/Qt. Dmitriy is the only active developer with the needed skills and he isn't too active lately. There's other weird problems, perhaps with the compilers optimizations, Dooble and especially optimize things to the max, which seem to introduce subtle bugs. Consider Mozilla, the minimally optimized i686 builds are way more stable then the more optimized builds.
All the versions of Dooble I've built have been on top of the same Qt5 and yet they've surprisingly varied in stability considering most of the code hasn't changed.
There also seems to be problems with the profile getting some type of corruption with time and crashes, which means having to test with new profiles regularly, a hassle. I've been using wal on the sqlite3 files, which seems to help as it makes it more likely that corruption caused by crashes can be rolled back. Here's the sh script to turn it on, run in the profile
Code: [Select]
ls *.db | while read filename;
  do sqlite3 $filename 'PRAGMA journal_mode=WAL;';
done;
Change WAL to delete and rerun to turn it off.

Holger Schuett

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2023, 09:21:55 pm »
Regarding Nextdoor.com, Displaying the login page is trivial. Actually logging in is needed to derive any of the gain of using their website.

eBay and PayPal can actually log in and do some things, but not the things I'd normally do on those web sites.

This is not meant as criticism of the dooble porters/developers. I'm documenting what is broken at this time. I'm hopeful that development will continue and improvements will be made.

Hi Neil, did not think you were criticizing, sorry if my reply sounded like that! I just wanted to stress the fact that everyone of us is having different experiences with dooble for many various reasons. I just feel lucky and happy to be able to do the few things I like to do when using a browser, but it looks like I am having luck and I do not know why some things work here at least to some extent.

Holger

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2023, 10:25:57 am »
Hi here's the latest release of Dooble compiled for Qt5. See the release notes under Help for what's new.
https://c.gmx.com/@744346040190108571/HQZnnDywT-ejiK1nqp1OYw

testing (QT5 environment on OS2 Warp 4.52 in Virtualbox guest, with 4Gb RAM), it opens the pages efficiently as before and I can run at least 3 pages same time on different "resource demanding" sites as Linkedin, Youtube, Gmail, Newsmedia. It also keeps same unstability issues which happen randomly, or at least I cannot tell when/why : cpu usage on Dooble instance goes at 100% (seen with Top), site pages not responding and almost everything slowdown in the system, but I can still operate Top to kill the process.  Guess memory usage matter

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2023, 09:55:46 am »
The latest build seems to be the best (fast page load ...)
But issues here https://www.nperf.com  (slow process)  as exemple

Regards

Igor

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2023, 04:21:39 pm »
Hi Dave,

Here's the latest release. This time I built an RPM and this is the resulting zip. Perhaps I should revert to how I was doing it previously? The RPM itself has a link on the other thread.
https://c.gmx.com/@744346040190108571/1rOkBfA9T76_YoI4dOIS0A

My browser Seamonkey does not open this link. Is it possible to place the archive somewhere else or give recommendations for downloading?
I can also offer my server to host the archive, if that's interesting.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2023, 06:06:05 pm »
Hi Igor, one way to do it is to install the official Dooble with YUM/ANPM and then to use that to download my builds.
And yes, it would be good to have somewhere better to host the files.