OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

warp 4.52 how to exclude drives from the available list

(1/3) > >>

mauro:
Hi all, I'm having issues with Avxcat when trying to open a multimedia file.  Since it begins to scan for all available drives in the system, it closes the selection window with a system error alert as some drives are inoperative (not ready) like in my case D and F  but however present in the drives list.  I wish to exclude them from the list so that Avxcat can go on to target a multimedia file.
Can you suggest how to ?
Thank you

ivan:
First observations. 

Do you have three physical floppy drives and why is the CD drive listed in the middle of that list since it is usually at the end, at least it is on on all the OS/2 installs I have here.

I think you need to get out your copy of DFSee and sort the drive letters into a logical order.

Pete:
Hi mauro

I do not use Avxcat myself but would expect some sort of "exclude drive(s)" setting within the app to avoid the problem or, possibly, an entry in an ini file that could be changed...

Floppy drive D: is possibly a USB Floppy - if I am right you can get rid of this, if not needed, by changing the config.sys entry to
BASEDEV=USBMSD.ADD /REMOVABLES:8 /FLOPPIES:0

You could also REM cd related drivers in the config.sys to "lose" drive F:

@ivan
Drive order looks OK to me - fixed drives above removable drives

Regards

Pete

Remy:

--- Quote from: Pete on March 06, 2023, 02:07:22 am ---Hi mauro

I do not use Avxcat myself but would expect some sort of "exclude drive(s)" setting within the app to avoid the problem or, possibly, an entry in an ini file that could be changed...

Floppy drive D: is possibly a USB Floppy - if I am right you can get rid of this, if not needed, by changing the config.sys entry to
BASEDEV=USBMSD.ADD /REMOVABLES:8 /FLOPPIES:0

You could also REM cd related drivers in the config.sys to "lose" drive F:

@ivan
Drive order looks OK to me - fixed drives above removable drives

Regards

Pete

--- End quote ---

USB floppy seems to be the problem !  (I don't have)
VFDISK or CDROM READY or NOREADY are of course supported under AVXCAT and it open/close CD to load a CD if needed
note: VFDISK with its small size has no interest to be used.

AVxCAT uses USED drives list by default
It can be changed to LOCAL drives as follow:
avxcat --locald
( to get back to used drives  avxcat --usedd )

Remy:
I updated avxcat to allow you set an exclude drive list from a command line.
fixpack 00006

You can get the avxcat_rep.zip file or the wpi

cmd:   avxcat --xdrive list    list is one or more drive letter without blanks   e.g.    def    (will exclude D: E: F:)
                                                ( to reset =>  avxcat --xdrive 0 )

note: to use only one time, setting is saved into ini file   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version