Author Topic: Dooble releases, Qt5 builds  (Read 94095 times)

Remy

• View Profile
Re: Dooble releases, Qt5 builds
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2023, 03:53:16 pm »
Hi Remy, thanks for the report. Guess I need to test on a virgin system. For now, move the dictionaries to @unixroot\usr\bin\webengine_dictionaries.

This path is taken and found.
Now, dictionaries have to be in .bdic binary format while those insalled using ANPM only have .dic and .aff  (.bdic missing)
I found the .bdic at :  https://github.com/cvsuser-chromium/third_party_hunspell_dictionaries

enabling the use of the added dic, as soon as I try to update a form field, it fails.
e.g. adding my userid into the userid loging field for os2world forum.

Note: other bug, the suppr key doesn't work in a form field...

« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 04:16:59 pm by Remy »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2023, 05:46:23 pm »
Something else to add to the readme. @unixroot\usr\lib\qt5\bin\qwebengine_convert_dict.exe will convert the myspell dictionaries. Run with no parameters to see how to use.
I had no problem logging on here with Dooble and posting this shows lots of words such as Dooble that aren't in the dictionary. Perhaps something wrong with your profile or the bdic dictionary is broken.
The suppr, or delete key not working is a known Qt issue.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2023, 08:03:33 pm »
Ok, I build the dictionaries and set one dictionary to use.
I tried again to loging to os2world, first form (userid) was ok but as soon I click in the psw field, the page failes ! (replaced by a full grey page and have to reload it to get back)

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2023, 10:07:00 pm »
I tried again to loging to os2world, first form (userid) was ok but as soon I click in the psw field, the page failes ! (replaced by a full grey page and have to reload it to get back)

Try, with Dooble closed, renaming %HOME%\.dooble and retry. Logging into OS2World works fine for me, just doesn't stay logged in after closing the browser, a cookie problem I assume.

Mentore

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2023, 08:25:02 am »

Try, with Dooble closed, renaming %HOME%\.dooble and retry. Logging into OS2World works fine for me, just doesn't stay logged in after closing the browser, a cookie problem I assume.

Considering this everyday happens to me on my Windows machines, I don't think it's a dooble problem.
Mentore

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2023, 07:47:45 pm »
hi, sorry if already mentioned here, this thread has 12 pages now and not easy to recover a post focusing an issue : latest Dooble release work fine in my installation except for Youtube main page which cause 99,9% cpu usage, preventing any other action.
I've the feeling that it was aready seen.
Thank you much
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 02:02:29 pm by mauro »

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2023, 07:22:21 pm »

Action resolved the problem