OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - General > Events

AN posted pricing for 5.1

<< < (3/4) > >>

Eugene Tucker:
Doug, It is your money, it is your decision. Just like it is my money and it is my decision.

Tiny Frogware:
I will also be upgrading to 5.1 as soon as it's available. I have the 5.0.8 update installed but I'm looking forward to the improved DOS/WinOS2 support. Plus, as already mentioned, it will help Arca Noae to continue development. So for those reasons, the modest upgrade price is well worth it for me.

Tony.

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote from: Eugene Tucker on June 19, 2023, 02:38:24 pm ---Doug, It is your money, it is your decision. Just like it is my money and it is my decision.

--- End quote ---

True, but be sure that you are making an informed decision

I did forget to mention multiple languages will be available. Apparently not all of them are ready to go, and won't be available immediately.

--- Quote from: Tiny Frogware on June 19, 2023, 04:44:38 pm ---I will also be upgrading to 5.1 as soon as it's available. I have the 5.0.8 update installed but I'm looking forward to the improved DOS/WinOS2 support. Plus, as already mentioned, it will help Arca Noae to continue development. So for those reasons, the modest upgrade price is well worth it for me.

Tony.

--- End quote ---

The DOS/WinOS2 support only works in UEFI mode. If your machine doesn't support UEFI, it isn't going to change anything.

You are correct, that purchasing a copy will help support the overall effort, but it may not make sense to upgrade, if you can't make use of the new features.

Note the terminology:
UPDATE: change drom a 5.0.x version to a later 5.0.x version.
UPGRADE: Change from a 5.0.x version to a 5.1.x version.

Eugene Tucker:
Doug thank you for your concern but I have weighted the pros and cons.

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote from: Eugene Tucker on June 19, 2023, 08:15:23 pm ---Doug thank you for your concern but I have weighted the pros and cons.

--- End quote ---

You probably thought about it. Many will blindly upgrade, without considering what they are doing. Don't get me wrong, ArcaOS 5.1 is a huge step forward (with a few minor backward steps), if you have the hardware to run it (it does install, and run, without UEFI, but it is basically 5.0.8, when you do that), or if you want/need one of the new features. Otherwise, you are spending money to keep Arca Noae in business (not a bad thing). Arca Noae is continuing to support the 5.0.x line, for a reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version