Author Topic: Make DejaVu  (Read 11277 times)

melf

Make DejaVu
« on: January 11, 2013, 05:32:44 pm »
Some guy on the yahoo eCS group asked about some way to make a dejavu file. the yahoo-group seems unreachable for the moment so thought I could post it here as well. 

I found this page to be informative: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Creating_a_DjVu_file .  One of the programs referred to was DjVu Solo (a windows program). It was easily installed via Odin and seems to work just fine! Well, haven't made any thorough tests, but it is worth trying.
DjVu Solo is downloadable here: http://djvu.org/resources/

melf

Re: Make DejaVu
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 02:54:50 pm »
An update: I have successfully made a *.djv document of 8 scanned images. Their total size was about 7MB of jpgs and the resulting *.djv file was 200 kB (with good quality)!

For those who would like to use it: If you have several images and want to bundle them in a document, you have to  1) open all of them one by one from the open menu, so they reside in their own windows. 2) Right click on the thumbnail of the second picture you want to add and choose "copy". 3) Go to the picture you want to have first and right click on its thumbnail and choose "paste after". continue that procedure until you have them all in the order you want.

There is also the option "insert page before/after" followed by an open dialogue. However, when I tried to add pictures that way the program crashed immediately and was impossible to open again. To be able to open the program again I had to delete the files in the temp directory that was produced during that process.

Ben

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 06:14:32 pm »

At some point in the foresee-able future, I will have a need for such a thing.

An advanced "Thanks, Melf", from my future self. Heheh...

guzzi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 03:29:02 pm »
This program does install flawlessly with odin PE. But how does one uninstall it?

melf

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 03:55:30 pm »
For my part I just delete the folder into which it is installed. Don't think there is any other way, if not the installer allows a deinstall.

guzzi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 10:14:41 pm »
This will not remove anything the installer has put in the registry and files that aren't in the prgram directory.

I googled a bit and found that you need the installshield uninstaller. Copied IsUninst.exe from a win machine and ran it with pe isuninst.exe -f<"full path to the uninst.isu file"> Note, no space between the f parm and the text string