Author Topic: XWP v1.0.16  (Read 35293 times)

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: XWP v1.0.16
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2024, 08:29:58 pm »
Thanks, seems to work as advertised.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2024, 03:50:38 pm »
Hello

What do you think it is needed for lSwitcher to also respect the XWP font sizes too?

I opened a ticket in case Gregg Young wants to take a look at it.
- http://trac.netlabs.org/lswitcher/ticket/81

Regards
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 03:52:31 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Rich Walsh

• ONU! (OS/2 is NOT Unix!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2024, 07:26:08 pm »
What do you think it is needed for lSwitcher to also respect the XWP font sizes too?

Query os2.ini->PM_SystemFonts->WindowText to get the font name & size, then use it.

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2024, 08:23:02 pm »
Rich & Martin,

Query os2.ini->PM_SystemFonts->WindowText to get the font name & size, then use it.

Which specific lswitch282.ini key are we talking about here?

I see the following:

1) TitleFont
2) ButtonFont (which I suspect is the TaskBar button)
3) HintsFont

...haven't tried any of them yet as none seem to imply the PopUp font control, which is what I'm interested in changing (b/c the TaskBar seems to be just fine).

Rich Walsh

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2024, 05:30:04 am »

Which specific lswitch282.ini key are we talking about here?

I have no idea. I was simply identifying how you get the current general-purpose font from os2.ini. How lswitcher uses it is up to Gregg...

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2024, 09:52:38 am »
Hello

I opened a ticket in case Gregg Young wants to take a look at it.
- http://trac.netlabs.org/lswitcher/ticket/81

Regards

Gregg is on vacation right now.  He is aware of this ISwitcher issue. He mentioned this issue at Warpstock.

Roderick

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2024, 10:32:18 pm »
Hello Rich

Is the "IFX Options" GUI also yours?
Can it please be also possible to respect the XWP font size settings?

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Rich Walsh

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2024, 07:01:23 pm »

This dialog uses 10.Helv and I'd like to continue using that typeface. I'll see what I can do about the sizing...

Rich Walsh

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2024, 11:46:16 pm »

This dialog uses 10.Helv and I'd like to continue using that typeface. I'll see what I can do about the sizing...

The next version will use 10/12/14/18pt Helv. You won't see any change unless your 'Text Size' setting is X-Large or greater (there isn't a 9pt or 11pt Helv, so Small/Medium/Large all use the current 10.Helv).

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2024, 04:10:11 pm »
Hello Again.

I noticed something in the "Workplace Shell" setup settings (XfdlWPS Class) on "Foder Hotkeys" while trying to create a shortcut.

When I add a hotkey, on the "Hotkey" field, I can only make key combinations that starts with the "Ctrl" and "Shift" key. ex:  "Ctrl+Shift+Alt+A" or "Shift+Alt+A" (Pic_001)
There can not be combinations that start or uses the "Windows key" or "Win Menu" key.

1) I think it will be great if  "Windows key" (left and right) and the "Win Menu" key can be include for combinations.  Or there is a reason not to do that today?

2) Also, what if, on the "Parameter" list we include the functions that are also listed on the "Keyboard - Windows Key" (STYLER.EXE W) settings. ? (Picture #2)
Or maybe this makes no sense, because are "Folder Hotkeys" and you want to to executing non-folder actions there.

Regards
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 04:36:24 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Rich Walsh

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2024, 04:38:52 pm »
When I add a hotkey, on the "Hotkey" field, I can only make key combinations that starts with the "Ctrl" and "Shift" key. ex:  "Ctrl+Shift+Alt+A" or "Shift+Alt+A" (Pic_001)
There can not be combinations that start or uses the "Windows key" or "Win Menu" key.

On OS/2, the Win and Menu keys are just "character" keys not "shift" keys. What you're asking for is equivalent to asking "Why can't I use '<Tab>-9' or <F3>-Q' as a hotkey combo?". Shift/Ctrl/Alt set flags to indicate they were down when some other key was pressed. There just isn't a Win or Menu flag in OS/2.

2) Also, what if, on the "Parameter" list we include the functions that are also listed on the "Keyboard - Windows Key" (STYLER.EXE W) settings. ? (Picture #2)
Or maybe this makes no sense, because are "Folder Hotkeys" and you want to to executing non-folder actions there.

Maybe using an "Object Hotkey" which lets you set a key-combo to open an object will serve some of your needs. You can set this on the 'Icon' page of any object's notebook (e.g. have Dooble open when you press "Alt-Shift-D').

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2024, 07:22:05 pm »

On OS/2, the Win and Menu keys are just "character" keys not "shift" keys. What you're asking for is equivalent to asking "Why can't I use '<Tab>-9' or <F3>-Q' as a hotkey combo?". Shift/Ctrl/Alt set flags to indicate they were down when some other key was pressed. There just isn't a Win or Menu flag in OS/2.

OK, but the Win95Key utility readily recognizes my WINeverything keys as separate objects: LWIN, RWIN & WINMENU, so while w/o looking at it's code it's hard to tell whether these are just internal definitions (for it's own purposes) or actual key values, the point remains: these keys are recognized as being unique keys different from all the other keyboard keys.

...Maybe using an "Object Hotkey" which lets you set a key-combo to open an object will serve some of your needs. You can set this on the 'Icon' page of any object's notebook (e.g. have Dooble open when you press "Alt-Shift-D').

Martin,
I realize this isn't the XWP answer you are looking for, but the Win95Key util could be used to define such combinations and in a sense 'introduce' the functionality you are looking at into XWP...further research needed though as I haven't played with this. I simply use my WIN keys to map to frequently used OS/2 & WPS functions.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2024, 07:23:44 pm »
Thanks for the feedback

Maybe using an "Object Hotkey" which lets you set a key-combo to open an object will serve some of your needs. You can set this on the 'Icon' page of any object's notebook (e.g. have Dooble open when you press "Alt-Shift-D').

About "Object Hotkey", I understand how it works. First, the Windows key does not work for it. And when I try to create a combination for it like "Shift+1" or "Ctrl+1" for a folder program object on the desktop, the key combination does not do anything. I was expecting it to open the object (open the folder or launch a program), but it does not work for me.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2024, 08:05:51 pm »
but it does not work for me
Turbo Folders enabled? I seem to remember this is necessary for the hotkeys in XWP. But it's so long ago that I read the docs about that.....

I remember a had to read the docs a few times until I understand what it does and how to setup up. Though I'm not sure it can do what you need.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2024, 09:41:37 pm »
Hi Andy B.
but it does not work for me
Turbo Folders enabled? I seem to remember this is necessary for the hotkeys in XWP. But it's so long ago that I read the docs about that.....

I remember a had to read the docs a few times until I understand what it does and how to setup up. Though I'm not sure it can do what you need.
Here it is the forum thread of what I'm trying to do. "Windows Key - Custom Key Combination ". Basically I want to use a combination of the Windows Key to do some action in OS/2.

I enabled Turbo Folders, but the "Object hotkey" does not do anything. And you can not use the Windows Key for combination of actions there too.

Regards
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 09:44:43 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster