OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

DSSaver and XWP

(1/8) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hello.

It seems that the Doodle Screen Saver settings page does not respect the XWP font size.
I was thinking to open a ticket. Any suggestions about it?

Regards

Dave Yeo:
Try this msg file, had to zip it to post.
Replace the current X:\SYS\apps\DSSaver\Lang\ss_en.msg with the one in the zip and test. Note that this is only for the properties and I simply commented out the hard coded 9.Warpsans, Doodle originally hard coded Helvetica and I changed it to Warpsans. All the other languages and module languages would need the same change.
Edit: Might need to restart the Desktop to use the updated msg file, not sure so try it by closing and opening the properties first.

Rich Walsh:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on November 30, 2023, 07:53:55 am ---Try this msg file, had to zip it to post.
Replace the current X:\SYS\apps\DSSaver\Lang\ss_en.msg with the one in the zip and test. Note that this is only for the properties and I simply commented out the hard coded 9.Warpsans,

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Dave!!  The DSS pages were a concern when getting XWP "Text Size" going - I'm glad to see the fix is so easy. Now, can we get together and rearrange a few things so those pages aren't so crazy-big?

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Rich Walsh on November 30, 2023, 09:23:34 pm ---Thank you, Dave!!  The DSS pages were a concern when getting XWP "Text Size" going - I'm glad to see the fix is so easy. Now, can we get together and rearrange a few things so those pages aren't so crazy-big?

--- End quote ---

Actually it is simpler then I first thought as it is only the WPS msg files (one for each language) that need changing. Not sure why Doodle hard coded the font.
Open to suggestions on making those pages smaller.

Alfredo Fernández Díaz:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on December 01, 2023, 01:46:32 am ---Actually it is simpler then I first thought as it is only the WPS msg files (one for each language) that need changing. Not sure why Doodle hard coded the font.
--- End quote ---
Confirmed. I just replaced "9.WarpSans" with "" in all ss_es.txt PG*_FONT strings, and the DSS notebook tabs resize along with everything else now. (Edit: Re: the hard-coded font it might be related to DBCS support IIRC.)

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on December 07, 2023, 05:36:06 pm ---Is Comet Cursor on XWorkplace, AMouse, or is old IBM code that can not be updated?
--- End quote ---
None. It is old IBM code that is easy to update (; this is the comet cursor tab using a larger font:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version