OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

Installing VisualAge 4 on ArcaOS 5.x

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dariusz Piatkowski:

--- Quote from: Mentore on January 08, 2024, 02:11:16 pm ---...Turns out I somehow didn't copy the entire installation CD on my VM, so VACPP.RSP and other files weren't where expected...
--- End quote ---

Not sure what the software level is that you ended up deploying, but if it's the base stuff make sure you apply the fixpak release that's avaialable, for VACPP 4.0 that's just FP1.

Mentore:

--- Quote from: Dariusz Piatkowski on January 08, 2024, 03:30:51 pm ---
--- Quote from: Mentore on January 08, 2024, 02:11:16 pm ---...Turns out I somehow didn't copy the entire installation CD on my VM, so VACPP.RSP and other files weren't where expected...
--- End quote ---

Not sure what the software level is that you ended up deploying, but if it's the base stuff make sure you apply the fixpak release that's avaialable, for VACPP 4.0 that's just FP1.

--- End quote ---

Totally agree with this, Darius. Will apply it this morning (as soon as I manage to wake up - my son got up at 3.30 in the morning, I'm feeling a little tired  ;D )

Andi B.:
Did your install run through fully? A few months ago I tried to install over an existing installation but it failed. Even from the original CD it does not install all the things needed for the help system. AFAIR the installer crashed whatever I tried.

Lars:
Did you try the Netscape browser based installation ?

If yes: even if you do not want to change drive and directory information for the installation directories, you need to reenter/reselect the drive/directory information, otherwise the browser will crash.

If you go with Alex' Install object suggestion, you can at least avoid that problem altogether.

Doug Clark:
One more tip for the Netscape install - size the netscape window as large as you can before starting the install.  On my systems, if I don't size netscape pretty large, the continue button is off the bottom of the screen and you can't get to it.

As for the help system - DB2/v v 7.x uses the same help system.  I believe however that it is a later version and you need to install VAC 4.0 first, then install DB2.  The ReadMe for DB2 explains this.

Also - installing the fix pack will break the links in the help to the sample code.  The samples are still there - you just have to hover the cursor over the link to see where the sample is located, then go to that location manually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version