OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

Mozilla Warpin installers + applications

<< < (2/7) > >>

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote ---I was a bit concerned about Firefox, given it is still a beta2
--- End quote ---

Well, TB and SM are even more beta, but they all seem to work pretty well.

--- Quote ---Also I made a mistake when building SM and TB, namely disabling OOP (out of process plugins).
--- End quote ---

I fixed the ZIP files, and recreated the WPI files, with the fix:

ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/mozilla/SEAMONKEY-2.14.1.EN-US.OS2.zip

ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/mozilla/Seamonkey-2-14-1-esr.wpi

ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/mozilla/THUNDERBIRD-17.0.11ESRPRE1.EN-US.OS2.zip

ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/mozilla/Thunderbird-17-0-11ESRPRE1-esr.wpi

--- Quote ---You've mentioned SM and TB, but does OOP work in Firefox?
--- End quote ---

Firefox already has the fix to disable OOP.

dbanet:

--- Quote ---Also I made a mistake when building SM and TB, namely disabling OOP (out of process plugins).
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Firefox already has the fix to disable OOP.
--- End quote ---

That doesn't seem to make much sense.

Is the build parameter intended to be switched of or on? Why?

Couldn't you please clarify the thing for me?

Doug Bissett:
From what I know, OOP has a problem with something in OS/2. The current way to bypass the problem is to add the setting, that Dave mentioned, in ABOUT:CONFIG. OOP is supposed to get fixed, eventually, and the setting will get turned to true. All of the Mozilla derivatives are affected.

Dave forgot to make the change that turns off OOP, when he built Thunderbird, and Seamonkey. I added the temporary fix, and uploaded new install files. It was not necessary to change Firefox, because it already had the temporary fix.

I hope that clarifies the situation.

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Boris on March 28, 2014, 04:02:21 pm ---
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Firefox already has the fix to disable OOP.
--- End quote ---

That doesn't seem to make much sense.

Is the build parameter intended to be switched of or on? Why?

Couldn't you please clarify the thing for me?

--- End quote ---

OOP is built but as it is buggy it is turned off with a preference. Easiest to add the preference to prefs.js (or the equivalent for SM and TB but as I posted, you can add it manually and toggle it if curious.
Between FF4 and FF10 we completely disabled it in the build process as it needed porting.

dbanet:

--- Quote from: Doug Bissett on March 28, 2014, 04:51:08 pm ---From what I know, OOP has a problem with something in OS/2. The current way to bypass the problem is to add the setting, that Dave mentioned, in ABOUT:CONFIG. OOP is supposed to get fixed, eventually, and the setting will get turned to true. All of the Mozilla derivatives are affected.

Dave forgot to make the change that turns off OOP, when he built Thunderbird, and Seamonkey. I added the temporary fix, and uploaded new install files. It was not necessary to change Firefox, because it already had the temporary fix.

I hope that clarifies the situation.

--- End quote ---
Do you mean 'set turned off by default' by 'temporary fix'?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version