OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

ArcaOS - Recreate a complete build environment?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Andi B.:

--- Quote ---because I like to keep OS volume and application on separated units - albeit logically, or even better on separate drives,
--- End quote ---
SET UNIXROOT=x: where x: is your separate drive. It's that easy with BWWs rpm packages.

Jochen Schäfer:

--- Quote from: Mentore on April 03, 2024, 07:51:37 am ---Should you have some link for Paul's B.E. may you put it here? TIA.

--- End quote ---

I uploaded mine. I use gcc9, but I just didn't change the filename ;-)

Mentore:

--- Quote from: Andi B. on April 03, 2024, 08:43:14 am ---
--- Quote ---because I like to keep OS volume and application on separated units - albeit logically, or even better on separate drives,
--- End quote ---
SET UNIXROOT=x: where x: is your separate drive. It's that easy with BWWs rpm packages.

--- End quote ---

Stupid me didn't think about this.
Thanks a million!

Mentore

Paul Smedley:

--- Quote from: Mentore on April 03, 2024, 07:51:37 am ---this was my first intention since my old OS/2 machine was already perfectly set up for the job (but currently I can't use it). Sadly, I seem unable to access Paul's build environment anymore - every link I tried was broken.

I'd have preferred his way simply because I like to keep OS volume and application on separated units - albeit logically, or even better on separate drives, in order to keep the OS volume clean and hosting only the system (as much as possible).
Should you have some link for Paul's B.E. may you put it here? TIA.

--- End quote ---

Did you think to ask me?  I don't recommend it anymore, it's just too hard to maintain,  but I can generate a fresh zip from that vbox machine as required.

Andi B.:

--- Quote from: Mentore on April 03, 2024, 10:51:28 am ---
--- Quote from: Andi B. on April 03, 2024, 08:43:14 am ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Stupid me didn't think about this.
Thanks a million!

Mentore

--- End quote ---
Of course you've to decide this when you install ArcaOS as a lot of things depend on the files there. I don't recommend moving it afterwards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version