OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

Wireless Mouse Issue

(1/2) > >>

christech:
I finally got ArcaOS installed on a GPT-partitioned disk. My wireless mouse will not work. Works on macOS, Linux, RISC OS with no special drivers. Anyone run into this issue before?

Martin Iturbide:
Hello Christech

Can you specify which wireless mouse do you use? Of course bluetooth mice and the strange "wifi mouse" does not have OS/2 driver for it.
I guess this is a wireless mouse with USB receiver.  Is a regular USB cable mouse working?

Please post back the brand, model and USB Hardware ID (you can use lsusb).

Regards

christech:
Yes, regular mouse is working. It's an Evoluent ergonomic mouse. Comes with a USB dongle. I have it on a KVM that I share with other machines. I'll get more info on it.

David McKenna:
 Hi Christech,

Go to www.arcanoae.com, then 'Resources' -> 'Downloads' -> 'Experimental Builds' and get the AMOUSE driver there. This one helped me with a laptop that the mouse would not work on...

Regards,

Roderick Klein:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on March 29, 2024, 10:16:07 pm ---Hello Christech

Can you specify which wireless mouse do you use? Of course bluetooth mice and the strange "wifi mouse" does not have OS/2 driver for it.
I guess this is a wireless mouse with USB receiver.  Is a regular USB cable mouse working?

Please post back the brand, model and USB Hardware ID (you can use lsusb).

Regards

--- End quote ---

Most of these wireless mice simply present as standard USB mouse. In this case a ticket should be opened with Arca Noae and a testlog attached. That way David can tell if the mouse is supported or not. For us here in the forum its guess work as to why the mouse is not working.

Roderick Klein

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version