OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

Strange problems with Firefox

(1/3) > >>

ivan:
I have a couple of strange problems with Firefox, both the 10.0.x branch as well as the 17.0.5 b2.

The first appears on all the computers here, single core or multi core.  It is shown in the attached picture.  All the machines are using Snap graphics and ATI video cards.

The second only appears on the multi core machines. When I want to copy a picture or diagram from a web page I normally click MB2 on the image and select 'Save image as...', this brings up the save as dialogue box and I can select where to save as well as the name - all is well at this point.  Now when I click on OK Firefox closes even though the image usually gets saved.  There is nothing logged that tells what is happening or why - very annoying.

The only difference between the setup of all the machines is that the multi core machines have the SMP files and os2apic.psd otherwise they are from the same WSeB disk image with adjustment for USB controllers and network names and the mozprofiles directory is copied from the one stored on the NAS - it made no difference starting with a blank profile.

Joop:
I generally don't have mentioned problems. But there are some ways to make it more difficult for a user to copy a picture or to safe it to a local drive. One of these is probably some script which alter the function. If I want to save a picture, even if the owner has made it "impossible" is to use MB2 and go to page info. Then use the media tab and just look up your picture. From there you can save it.

Dave Yeo:
You're the first to report the drawing problem and I built FF10ESR on a SMP system with ATI graphics (old) and snap. Does forcing a redraw by resizing the browser fix it? How about restarting in safe-mode (Help-->Restart with Add-ons Disabled) which should turn off the video acceleration (DIVE)
For the SMP problem, you're using WSEB which has a few DLLs that are not SMP safe such as tcpip32.dll. It may be one of these that are triggering the problem. You don't have any trp files in the program directory?

ivan:
Thanks for the replies.

Joop, I do that to get the embedded video files that are on some of the sites I visit.  As I said the saving images is only a problem on the SMP machines where the image is saved but the browser closes.

Dave, that double image of the save bookmark appears to be a fixture.  I have re-sized the Firefox window and that makes no difference.  Likewise safe mode doesn't change anything.  It is just an annoyance that I can live with because I can navigate with the arrow keys.  Just to add more strangeness to it there was one site that was text only that I bookmarked where the save bookmark dialogue came up correctly.

The other problem is the one of more concern.  As far as I know the tcpip32.dll is the SMP safe one - at least that is what the readme in the zip says.  Could you list the other DLLs that may be part of the problem so I can look into that side of it. 

The only .trp file I can find is one from 2011 that I kept out of curiosity.

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: ivan on April 17, 2014, 12:12:38 am ---
The other problem is the one of more concern.  As far as I know the tcpip32.dll is the SMP safe one - at least that is what the readme in the zip says.  Could you list the other DLLs that may be part of the problem so I can look into that side of it. 

--- End quote ---

ACPI readme lists
  * DOSCALL1.DLL
  * TCPIP32.DLL
  * IBMKBD.SYS
  * PSCOM.SYS
  * RESOURCE.SYS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version