OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

Flash and qt4 browsers?

(1/3) > >>

Pete:
Hi All

Anyone have Flash and/or html5 working in any of the qt4 webkit browsers?

Qupzilla has a setting "Allow netscape plugins" but seems to ignore the Flash plugin completely when copies of npflos2.dll and npswf32.dll are placed in \Programs\qupzilla\plugins

Attempting to play videos on youtube results in a blank black screen with the text:-
"The Adobe Flash Player or an HTML5 supported browser is required for video playback."

Looks like the Qupzilla port is not a fully working port... Do any of the other qt4 browser support html5 and Flash?

Regards

Pete

Dave Yeo:
Mentore on comp-os-os2-apps just posted he got Flash working by updating his QT, in particular QNetwork.dll was old and the problem for him.
I'm pretty sure Qupzilla doesn't support webm

Pete:
Hi Dave

The os/2 port does not seem to support html5 but I think qupzilla does generally support html5 - otherwise why have options for html5 in the preferences dialog?

I think I am using the latest qt4 files from qt4-4.7.3.2-1.zip

From reading the post that you referred to I would say that Mentore got qupzilla working rather than got flash working in qupzilla.

Regards

Pete

Dave Yeo:
Looks like you're right, I should have reviewed the whole thread. :)
As I said in the thread, plugin support seems to be broken in the QT webkit port and until someone fixes it. I guess you could file a bug at netlabs and get feedback from the developers.
HTML 5 is much more then video and sound, try http://html5test.com/ in Qupzlla and FF10 and 17

Mentore:

--- Quote from: Pete on May 07, 2014, 02:44:52 am ---Hi Dave

The os/2 port does not seem to support html5 but I think qupzilla does generally support html5 - otherwise why have options for html5 in the preferences dialog?

I think I am using the latest qt4 files from qt4-4.7.3.2-1.zip

From reading the post that you referred to I would say that Mentore got qupzilla working rather than got flash working in qupzilla.

Regards

Pete

--- End quote ---

Hello all, finally I got back to the forum :)

It's correct. I had an old QNetwork.dll which stopped every Qt network application from working. Now I can start PSI, Facebook, QupZilla and Dooble apparently without problems. Didn't try flash or HTML5, though.

Mentore

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version