OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

How to specify wlink as linker for gcc?

(1/2) > >>

R.M. Klippstein:
I'm using Paul's gcc 3.3.5 and 4.8.2, I need to use wlink but can't seem to figure out how to get gcc to use it (wl.exe and its included patch). I need to set EMXOMFLD_LINKER=wl.exeand EMXOMFLD_TYPE=WLINK -- do I do this as a SET command in config.sys or enter it using wl.exe at its prompt?
Thanks for any help.  klipp

Andy Willis:
It can be done in the config.sys but generally is done in a script to setup your environment.

Dave Yeo:
You can just do it at the command prompt or as Andy said, as part of a script to set up the environment.
Note that you also have to use -Zomf as a linking flag or else gcc will default to calling ld.exe for linking

R.M. Klippstein:
Hey, Thanks to both of you, that got me over another "bump in the road" on my way to trying to compile a newer version of VBox -- so far its been pretty much of a disaster but I am slowly making progress.(very slowly!) Do either of you know if anybody else is attempting this  "Fantasy Project"? It would be encouraging to know I'm not alone in this possibly futile endeavor.

klipp

Andi B.:
Did you try the yum/rpm route with gcc? Over the years I tried gcc now and then. At first downloaded Pauls environment and later with DVDs from him. But nowadays I only use the yum/rpm installation. Not sure if 'yum install gcc-wlink' and 'yum install watcom-wlink-hll' will do what you need though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version