Author Topic: EDM/2 - What is next?  (Read 7036 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
EDM/2 - What is next?
« on: June 24, 2014, 03:04:26 pm »
For the last year I had been updated the EDM/2 with all OS/2 development related articles I was able find on the Internet. I even got permission from IBM to republish old articles.

I want to discuss what do you think it should be next for EDM/2. Following the "OS/2 Development" material for that site I think the suggestion will be to improve this areas:
- OS/2 API - The OS/2 API Project
- The Config.sys Documentation Project
- Get OS/2 development books on the open (this can be tricky because sometimes the authors given exclusivity to the publishers).

Please remember that I do not own EDM/2, all contents are Creative Commons, and it is hosted on Netlabs. So it does not mean I'm the administrator or the one that takes decisions. I'm just a collaborator, just like anybody else can jump into it to help. Plus remember that I appreciate all kind of help to have more open/public contents on this platform.

What do you think?
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Mentore

• View Profile
Re: EDM/2 - What is next?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 08:29:04 am »
As a developer, I would like to see the OS/2 API documentation project enhanched. But first things first: I think that a Config.sys complete and updated documentation is more useful to the majority of users.

Mentore

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: EDM/2 - What is next?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 02:30:22 am »
About "OS/2 API documentation project", maybe I can ask IBM permission to repost the PM, SOM, WPS and other stuffs Programming Guide and Reference to help those projects. But I don't know.

I think I can work on the structure of the main project site (http://www.edm2.com/index.php/Category:The_OS/2_API_Project), but I just started to understand PM, SOM and WPS from an high level view. I still need to understand (at high level) the other components like the Control Program. kernel , graphics, etc.

It is like I need to understand the components and APIs in a graphic/easy way first, like I tried with this graphic once.

The Config.sys project may be tedious to complete, but it is easier. It may take a long time, but it is not complex.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 02:51:11 am by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.