OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

Can't use Facebook and Twitter in Firefox

<< < (2/2)

Einar Lygre:
Thank you all for your answers. They did not solve my problem, but I think I am a step closer to the solution -> reinstall ecs2.1. I have both ecs 2.0 and ecs 2.1 installed. I never dare to remove the old one before I am sure everything works ok for me, and 2.1 don't.
I have Firefox 6 on 2.0 and I can access Facebook etc as expected. I have FF 10.0.11 on 2.1 and it does not work. If I run FF 10.0.11 from ecs 2.0 it works. If I run FF 6 from ecs 2.1 it does not work. So the problem is not in FF. I have experimented with the profiles and add-ons and config.sys, but it didn't change anything.
So let it be. I am now leaving home for a long journey and when I am back in march I will reinstall 2.1 or hopefully, 2.2 then is ready.
Einar

Herwig Bauernfeind:
Make sure you have set

--- Quote ---gfx.downloadable_fonts.enabled=false

--- End quote ---
You may set that by using about:config

This definitely fixes non-flash related Facebook crashes. The same applies for several other sites - don't know for Twitter at the moment.

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Herwig Bauernfeind on January 28, 2013, 07:35:11 am ---Make sure you have set

--- Quote ---gfx.downloadable_fonts.enabled=false

--- End quote ---
You may set that by using about:config

This definitely fixes non-flash related Facebook crashes. The same applies for several other sites - don't know for Twitter at the moment.

--- End quote ---

That should be set automatically now, especially on the latest ESR releases though doesn't hurt to double check.
Einar needs to do a couple of tests. Start Firefox in safe-mode, easiest by going to help --> restart with addons disabled. And try a new profile by starting firefox -profilemanager and creating a new profile.
From the sounds of it he has separate profiles on 2.0 and 2.1 with the 2.1 one broken but until he returns and tests more...

Herwig Bauernfeind:
Ah, interesting.

I am still using the older 8.0.1, because with the 10.0.12 I cannot get Facebook Chat to work ("Cannot connect ..."), even with a new profile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version