Author Topic: FF17.0.11 latest plugin container problems  (Read 8235 times)

Joop

• View Profile
FF17.0.11 latest plugin container problems
« on: July 15, 2014, 01:58:20 pm »
If I run FF10.0.12r2 and go to https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Recovering%20important%20data%20from%20an%20old%20profile then the page loads in a short time, cpu spikes but goes down to normal levels. If I do the same with FF17.0.11 latest the page loads but the cpu is going up to the ceiling 99.9% and stays there. Page frozen, matter of fact FF frozen until eCS comes with a popup screen what to kill. I kill the page, ie FF is stopped but still the cpu 99.9%. With popup I see that the plugin container is still active(?).
We had this before, now you can try yourself.

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
Re: FF17.0.11 latest plugin container problems
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 03:40:49 pm »
That page works fine here, using the Firefox 24 beta. Normally I have Flash deactivated, and activate it when I need it. I also have a profile with NoScript and Flash activated, but NoScript is a pain because I always have to permit  more things to view a page.

With Flash activated, the page reloads just fine. No freeze or anything.

I can watch YouTube videos for a while, but evenutally the machine runs out of something and I need to reboot. My on-line banking depends on Flash, and that is working also. Our Flash is not perfect, but Flash is on its way out anyway, so I'm not that concerned.

An update to the latest Flash would be nice, even so.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 04:41:57 pm »
Hi Joop, did you double check that dom.ipc.plugins.enabled is false?

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 07:06:30 pm »
Hi Joop, did you double check that dom.ipc.plugins.enabled is false?
Hi Dave,
Yes I did read that, but was set on the wrong foot, got the idea it was fixed, not so. Did set it to false, page loads normally. Case closed :-). Thanks for your patience!

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 04:41:12 am »
I thought that replacing the build would fix as well. Possibly when replacing the same version the prefs are left alone. Anyways good it works for you and it is now documented here.