OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

Encrypting Home Directory ?

(1/3) > >>

Greggory Shaw:
Does eCS use the Home directory on startup ?

I've been playing around with rsync and AES, stunnel, others.

And AES with rsync, stunnel you need control of both points.

Sftp from Openssh ?

Thanks

Greggory

dbanet:
The best way to have your home directory encrypted is to use AEFS. NDCrypt with NetDrive may also be an option, but in this case you would need to pay for NetDrive at first, and for NDCrypt itself, at second.

It also may be reasonable to move your desktop directory in your home directory, so that it'd be encrypted too.

Greggory Shaw:

--- Quote from: Boris on July 26, 2014, 09:48:38 am ---The best way to have your home directory encrypted is to use AEFS

--- End quote ---

Thanks that what I was planning on doing and testing it with Rsync too. I'm going to try and get Paul to port a better solution.

dbanet:

--- Quote from: Greggory Shaw on July 27, 2014, 06:50:20 am ---
--- Quote from: Boris on July 26, 2014, 09:48:38 am ---The best way to have your home directory encrypted is to use AEFS

--- End quote ---

Thanks that what I was planning on doing and testing it with Rsync too. I'm going to try and get Paul to port a better solution.

--- End quote ---

Why rsync?

Greggory Shaw:

--- Quote from: Boris on July 27, 2014, 07:14:41 am ---
Why rsync?

--- End quote ---

I have a OS/2 server with a overlay of eCS.

I use a hot key for popup and drag and drop files on a CMD file of rsync for a Dropbox on my server and my public folder.

And stunnel and rsync for backups. But there's not a good way to encrypt data and rsync it to a third party server on OS/2.  So, Im going to check out how many files change on an encrypted AES directory and rsync it. If you know of a better way, please tell. 

I would like to add this to the OS/2 coummity - for offsite backups !

http://duplicity.nongnu.org

Greggory

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version