Author Topic: mmioMP3.dll update  (Read 14210 times)

Gregg Young

• View Profile
mmioMP3.dll update
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:55:28 am »
Hi

I just updated mmioMP3.dll to use the latest libmad and fixed an annoying problem where it thought almost everything was an mp3. It works with my mp3s all 5 of them but I think broader testing is in order. As you might guess I fixed this for reasons that have nothing to do with MP3 my motivation was fixing some multimedia issues with FM/2. Before I distribute it broadly I would like others to test it on a broader range of mp3 files. Please let me know if I have broken mp3s that at one time worked. If you already have mp3 support installed just replace the dll in your mmos2\dll directory (backup the old one) with the one attached. If you don't already have it install you will need to wait until I get some verification that I haven't broken anything and I have time to update the install package.

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
Re: mmioMP3.dll update
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:21:24 am »
Hi Gregg,

I have 20 mp3s and all but one worked - eCS 2.1 ! Everything worked the same as the previous version.

One thing that would be great is adding the MP3 option back to the conversion menu. When you right click on a WAV file. Oh, any chance that libvpx could be added too, it was just uploaded to Hobbes.

Thanks for the work on lswitcher !

Greggory
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:24:05 am by Greggory Shaw »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 04:52:53 am »
If we're making wishes, the ultimate would be to integrate FFmpegs libavcodec into the system.  Play pretty well anything and encode most things, or with some supporting libs, most everything except ultimotion which it can only decode :)

Gregg Young

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 05:52:29 am »
I have 20 mp3s and all but one worked - eCS 2.1 ! Everything worked the same as the previous version.

One thing that would be great is adding the MP3 option back to the conversion menu. When you right click on a WAV file. Oh, any chance that libvpx could be added too, it was just uploaded to Hobbes.

If you believe the failing mp3 should work (ie it worked prior to changing the dll) please attach it and I will investigate how I broke it. I will download the libvpx package and see how difficult it would be to make it work in mmpm. I will also investigate adding mp3 to the wav convert menu. Thanks

Gregg

Gregg Young

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 05:55:57 am »
If we're making wishes, the ultimate would be to integrate FFmpegs libavcodec into the system.  Play pretty well anything and encode most things, or with some supporting libs, most everything except ultimotion which it can only decode :)

Point me to an OS2 version of the lib and I will see how difficult it would be to add. Thanks

Gregg

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 07:02:08 am »

Point me to an OS2 version of the lib and I will see how difficult it would be to add. Thanks

Gregg

All the builds out there are statically linked, be easy enough to build a shared build though. Probably should also be LGPL as well which means losing a few codecs. It is as easy to build as "sh configure --enable-os2threads --disable-docs" and make presuming that you have a GCC build environment. and a recent NASM  The executables also need patching for the FPU control word bug that eCS has, I have the patch. Current status is at http://fate.ffmpeg.org/ and scroll down to find os/2 (Warp v4 so to avoid the FPU bug), with Pauls GCC 4.4.6 all 2085 tests pass (one documentation test is not run)
Should I upload a plain build somewhere? Ideally is to link in lots of other stuff but by itself it supports quite a bit, the fate suite is a plain build with GPL enabled.

Gregg Young

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 02:42:02 am »
David

My main build machine was fried by an electrical storm this morning. I am not sure how I will proceed with this project so I think it is best that you hold off until I am back up and running and I have had a chance to review all the relevant code base to decide how best to proceed. Thanks for your offer of help. I will hopefully get back to you soon.

Gregg

Gregg Young

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 09:40:37 pm »
Probably should also be LGPL as well which means losing a few codecs. It is as easy to build as "sh configure --enable-os2threads --disable-docs" and make presuming that you have a GCC build environment. and a recent NASM  The executables also need patching for the FPU control word bug that eCS has, I have the patch. Current status is at http://fate.ffmpeg.org/ and scroll down to find os/2 (Warp v4 so to avoid the FPU bug), with Pauls GCC 4.4.6 all 2085 tests pass (one documentation test is not run)
Should I upload a plain build somewhere? Ideally is to link in lots of other stuff but by itself it supports quite a bit, the fate suite is a plain build with GPL enabled.

I am going to download a copy of Paul's build environment as soon as he gives me a link. I can probably build it now with mine but I don't have a lot of experience with GCC. I am downloading the ffmpeg source right now and would like to get the patch. You can send it to me at ygk at qwest dot net. The code I am planning on trying to adapt is GPL. If the ffmpeg's API is anything like libmad's it shouldn't be too hard but then again I have been wrong about these assessments before.

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
Re: Surge protectors, was Re: mmioMP3.dll update
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 09:04:41 pm »
I gave up on UPS's, power failures are rare here now, and the UPS normally fry's itself before its really needed.
Here in northern Germany it's the same. The accus have to be replaced every five years to ensure reliable work. In most cases it's more expensive than buying a new UPS.

BTW: In professional usage the accus are replaced and the UPS provides seamless power without a switching pause which consumer parts don't supply.