Author Topic: Surge protectors, was Re: mmioMP3.dll update  (Read 18151 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Surge protectors, was Re: mmioMP3.dll update
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 09:00:25 pm »
OS/2 World Forum just ate two attempts at a reply to this.

Ben, what is the error that you getting from the forum? Which firefox version are you using?
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 05:58:00 am »
Don't know about Ben, but when posting I frequently get a message about a time out and helpfully I'm left with an empty message box with the subject filled in.
At this point the only way to post is to press the back button which re-displays whatever I typed, shutdown SeaMonkey (I have session restore enabled so the posting box is still populated on restart) and reboot. And yes the hi-res timer is turned off. Very irritating and if I didn't know the trick of going back, it would really be irritating.
Next time it happens I'll get a screenshot.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 06:53:29 am by Dave Yeo »

dbanet

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 02:37:42 pm »
Don't know about Ben, but when posting I frequently get a message about a time out and helpfully I'm left with an empty message box with the subject filled in.
At this point the only way to post is to press the back button which re-displays whatever I typed, shutdown SeaMonkey (I have session restore enabled so the posting box is still populated on restart) and reboot. And yes the hi-res timer is turned off. Very irritating and if I didn't know the trick of going back, it would really be irritating.
Next time it happens I'll get a screenshot.

Never had that.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 04:50:26 pm »

When I log in, the popup window has an option to "Always stay logged in". If I check that, I don't see the timeout. If I don't check that it seems that the default timeout used is about 60 SECONDS, which is far too short to be able to do anything. I also always log out, when I am finished.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 07:11:39 pm »

When I log in, the popup window has an option to "Always stay logged in". If I check that, I don't see the timeout. If I don't check that it seems that the default timeout used is about 60 SECONDS, which is far too short to be able to do anything. I also always log out, when I am finished.

That's not it, I'm always logged into the forums. It's usually when the network is flaky or busy and if I try to preview a post usually the preview doesn't complete either.