Author Topic: Re-organizaing OS/2-eCS Directories.  (Read 62981 times)

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
Re: Re-organizaing OS/2-eCS Directories.
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2014, 07:44:52 pm »
Assumed that you use the RESTARTOBJECTS entry as Boris wrote, you may have multiple startup folders defined.

See OS2.INI -> PM_Workplace:Startup. Prepend a 3 to the key name to get the hex. WPS handle of the startup folder. Compare that with Startup -> Properties -> Icon -> Details... -> Object handle.

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2014, 09:59:09 am »
Martin Have you started on removing extra stuff yet ?  Like extra MACS or VAR\CID etc.

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2014, 10:51:09 pm »
Martin on your sound looping problem, I am very interested in what REMming out:

RUN=x:\MMOS2\ QRYMMCD.EXE

does and if anyone that gets the hang of the WPS with only the mouse pointer showing does it go away.

Greggory
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:02:10 pm by Greggory Shaw »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2014, 11:52:41 pm »
I tried today the Experimental VM and the sound stopped looping. I don't remember doing any change yet...  and I have not rem out the "RUN=C:\MMOS2\qrymmcd.exe" yet.

I still have some folder that auto opens. I'm checking those right now to see what is happening.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:58:30 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2014, 11:57:58 pm »
Thanks Andreas.

I checked "OS2.INI -> PM_Workplace:Startup"... I didn't understand the stuff there, so I deleted the two values inside it. On the next boot the folders that auto opened where gone.
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

dbanet

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2014, 12:21:14 am »
I checked "OS2.INI -> PM_Workplace:Startup"... I didn't understand the stuff there, so I deleted the two values inside it.

;D ;D ;D

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2014, 12:21:43 am »
I checked "OS2.INI -> PM_Workplace:Startup"... I didn't understand the stuff there, so I deleted the two values inside it. On the next boot the folders that auto opened where gone.
One entry should remain. It's that one from the current startup folder. If you use XWorkplace's startup folder(s), you don't need it, of course.

Some steps of my previous post explained (I use Initor):

1. OS2.INI -> PM_Workplace:Startup

-> This ini application has the key name 'C779' on my system. Its value is '59 00 00', which stands for  the letter 'Y', followed by 2 zero terminators.

-> You get the corresponding WPS handle of that startup folder if you prepend a 3 to the key name. That gives the hexadecimal WPS object handle '3C779'.

2. The next step is to open the properties of your current startup folder and to find the WPS handle there. (This works only if you have eWP or XWP installed.)

-> Open the properties dialog of it. Select the 'Icon' tab. Press the 'Details...' button.

-> In the tree under 'Details' you find the item 'Object handle'. It shows in my case '0x3C779'.

-> That is exactly the handle from the key name I got from OS2.INI -> PM_Workplace:Startup.

If you have more than one Startup folder entries, you should remove the wrong one(s) and keep the only correct one.