OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - General > Marketplace

Free (almost) OS/2 stuff!

(1/4) > >>

skydvrz:
My OS/2 tech library is looking for a good home.  This is the library I used back in the day to develop E-Racer/2, PrjBld and KeyRing/2.  Any or all of it is available for free - you pay the shipping/packing.  Martin Iturbide has dibs on some of these, if he can afford the shipping.  You can duke it out with him, if there are conflicts :-)

Here are some photos of the book spines and some closeups of the software manuals:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cor29k3o6vq8jw1/AACQej4ijnGPS7cYMLagqNPoa?dl=0

Most of the books are in pristine condition, but are only promised "as-is".   I can probably dig up the CDROMs and floppies (if any) that came with the books, but no guarantees.  A lot of years have passed and I may not have retained them.

I may or may not still have the install disks for the software manuals shown.  If I do, you are welcome to them for the same price (free+shipping) - at the very least, you'd get a manual for your existing software.

The books are physically located in Olympia, Washington, USA. (not too far from Seattle).

Contact me with a list of the ones you want, and I will weigh them for potential shipment.  Many of the books are 2"-3" (5-6 cm) thick and are pretty heavy.  You are responsible for import duty, if any.  Paypal only.  First come, first serve.

mwizard:
Kevin,

If you ever change your mind and allow us to mail  you checks, please let me know.  I don't have a paypal account.

I'd love to have

* Writing OS/2 Rexx Programs
* Effective MultiThreading in OS/2
* OS/2 Warp Programming for Dummies

I have most of the other books.  And I love your KeyRing/2 app.    I would not be surprised if I have an E-Racer/2 license as well.

regards,
Mark Vollmer

dbanet:
Kevin, I've sent you a private message.

Boris.

Alex Taylor:
Some very nice stuff there!

I'd definitely be interested in:

* OS/2 Warp Presentation Manager for Power Programmers
* OS/2 2.1 Application Programmer's Guide
and possibly also

* Writing VX-REXX Programs
Shipping would be to Ontario, Canada.

On a related note, while I already own "OS/2 Warp Programming for Dummies", I haven't been able to find my copy for years. I'm pretty sure it's buried at the bottom of the storage locker where I keep a lot of my belongings in Canada. Anyway, I've been very keen to take a look at the information it has on WPS programming - as I recall, it has a chapter or two introducing SOM+WPS programming.

If you or anyone else who has a copy of this book wouldn't mind scanning just the SOM/WPS chapters and sending them to me, I'd be very grateful. (Again, I do own copy of this book so it should be perfectly legal.)

Dave Yeo:
Hi Alex,
Would that be Chapter 22 Stupid WPS tricks, Chapter 23 SOM: Kind of Wonderful, Chapter 24 The Workplace Shell: Object of Envy?
There's also Chapter 25 Notebooks and States and Chapter 26 Containing Your Excitement with chapters 23-26 under Workplace Shell Basics.
if I can get my son to hook up the scanner, i can scan them (probably in a few days) if no-one else steps forth.
I also need to revisit the book. Last time I tried any of the examples (using Open Watcom) nothing would actually compile :( Since then I've learned more about programming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version