Author Topic: Need help with QSINIT Loader - SUCCESS!!!!!!  (Read 28465 times)

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with QSINIT Loader - SUCCESS!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 08:33:22 pm »
More pictures, and yes - the installation does start - but I have to see if it will finish   ::)

Sigurd Fastenrath

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 08:34:47 pm »
And more....

muffetta

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 08:49:58 pm »
Great Sigurd  ;D !
If you got the goal (i have no doubt), starting from your procedure, you could  also try to build an iso ready for an usb device!

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2014, 09:42:36 pm »
Well done Sigurd!  I know exactly how you feel having been there in 2002 when I produced a bootable CD using CD Boot/2 by Roman Stangl.

Now you have the general idea of what is needed you should find finishing your DVD is a simple matter.

walking_x

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 12:23:28 am »
Yes, congratulations :)
But how you got this funny line number 4? I think - this must be fixed ;)

Sigurd Fastenrath

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 08:40:37 am »
Thank you very much,

yes - I have to make a lot of minor and major changes still to do, but first of all I am trying to get in Contact with Zsolt Kaddar now, the author of UPDCD.

Sigurd Fastenrath

• View Profile
Re: Need help with QSINIT Loader
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2014, 04:55:35 pm »
Hi Sigurd,

It turned out that UPDCD produces the bootdisk.scr only for a short duration of time, pointing from there to the \tmp directory, that is as well only there for a short time in \UPDCD\BURN\BOOTIMGS - just to build the BOOTDISK.PF - and then both will be automatically deleted by the program.

I rememberd the way I took to change and modify the config.sys - (please see my thread at the german forum) - by adding a 'pause' command in the \UPDCD\LIB\updif.rlb - so I looked for the part, right before the bootdiskfiles are copied from the tmp directory.

So the program stopped as I wanted and I then copied the files I wanted to add to the \tmp directory and then continued the UPDCD process. Later I did as before as well - copying the files to DISK_0 and packed them, to complete the procedure.

Are you sure that the program stopped where you wanted? When I look at bootdisk1.png it seems to me that you paused after packing \temp into bootdisk.pf and your add to the \tmp directory has been done in vain.

Regards, Wim.

Hi Wim,

I have to apologize - you have been right! After looking at bootdisk1.png again I realized that this was an to early screenshot - in fact I changed the 'pause' to another line once I realized it did not work this way. I thought I attached the right screenshot, but it was wrong. Here it is attached.

Thanks again!

Sigurd