Author Topic: Audacity with Odin? Other usable Audio wav (mp3) Editor?  (Read 8046 times)

Andi B.

• View Profile
Audacity with Odin? Other usable Audio wav (mp3) Editor?
« on: September 22, 2014, 08:39:17 pm »
Someone running any version of audacity? I tried with Odin but no success.

guzzi

• View Profile
Re: Audacity with Odin? Other usable Audio wav (mp3) Editor?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:59:35 pm »
Doesn't run here either. Perhaps this can be built for OS/2? : http://sourceforge.net/projects/kwave/?source=typ_redirect

Ian Manners

• Global Moderator
  • I am the computer, it is me.
    • View Profile
    • ComKal Networks Australia
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 09:46:12 pm »
Very interested !

Just been wresting with Audacity under Ubuntu Studio with a lot of problems, even with the CPU's set for Performance I'm still getting a lot of lag and stuttering.
I've gone back to Cooledit which does run under OS/2-Win, obviously under OS/2.

I tried Audacity under Windows with a SB Audigy card and had no end of problems with getting the input to switch between Line and Mic, that card is simply a no go under Ubuntu but it works fine apart from mixer options under OS/2.

It would be so nice to have Audacity running under OS/2. Happy to leave Hydrogen and my synth's running under Ubuntu, and do all the final mixing and converting, writing under OS/2.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:29:54 pm by Ian Manners »
Cheers
Ian B Manners

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 11:07:37 am »
For Win-OS2 I've Digital Orchestrator. But this is bound to my Turtle Beach Pinnacle sound card which is ISA. Although I've an old box with ISA slots I do not use it since a long time.

Currently I only need a GUI tool for cutting .wav and maybe .mp3 (fade in/out). No, I don't wanna play with cli programs and half backed rexx scripts anymore. Normalize would be fine too.

AFAIR Ceres Sound Studio crashed that often that it was unusable on my current system. But it's a long time since I tested. There are other wave tools but none of them seemed worth to remember for me.

I played a bit with Audacity on Win and for the simple things I did (f.i. sample accurate copy/paste) it works well and intuitive enough. I also seem to remember someone got some version running on OS/2. But maybe I'm wrong with that.

Andy Willis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 08:40:25 pm »
I believe there may have been reports of some version working with Odin many years ago but I don't have any idea what version, nor what version of Odin they were using at the time.
I find AVxCAT to be very useful.  It is a gui that wraps ffmpeg and several other tools.