OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - General > Events

WarpStock Question for Speakers

(1/3) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi.

The WarpStock countdown started for me. I'm finishing my presentation and also looking forward to be there.

But I want to get your feedback if you have any question for the speakers. I will try my best to ask as much as a can to everyone.

Do you have any question for the following speakers?:
- John Edwards
- Lewis Rosenthal
- Martin Iturbide ....I guess you can answer more in this forum..
- Menso de Jong
- Jan van Wijk
- Lars Erdmann
- Gregg Young
- Robert Kuropkat
- Paul Smedley  ...well, he also hangs out here a lot.
- Neil Waldhauer .... he also hangs out over here.
- Andy Willis
- David Azarewicz

Let me know what do you think. I will be consolidating the questions to take them with me.

Paul Smedley:
I'm also always lurking in #netlabs on the freenode IRC network as Smedles :)

Andi B.:
Questions to Menso de Jong -
- is there any update in the last 3/4 year which justify the money I spent for eCS Software Subscription?
- is there any update we can expect within the next 3 months?
- will he give me back my money as obviously there is no activity from Mensys in improving eCS since a year or so?
- will he allow developers like me to work on SNAP source code as Mensys has bought the rights to do so?
- will Mensys ask IBM to make available the 14.106 SMP debug kernel.

Martin Iturbide:
Thanks for sharing.

This are my questions for Menso:
- What is the relationship with XEU, did XEU bought Mensys or viceversa?
-  The new XEU site (http://www.xeu.com/) seems to be a store/software distribuitor, just like Mensys, are they compiting?, or the Mensys.nl site is going to eventually merge there?
- Why Mensys/XEU haven't said much since december 2013 when we noticed that XEU showed up as the company that brands eComStation? There had been an apparent lack of progress on eComStation since Dec of 2013
- What is going on with OS2eZine? It had been down for some time.
- What is the involvement that Mensys/XEU is going to have with the community. There are no community managers or spokeman from Mensys/XEU to the community.

I also received a question for Lars:
- Is there a plan for USB 3 support. Is there any requirements needed to have USB 3.0 supported and anything that can assist him to reach this goal.

Andi B.:
Martin, will you discuss this
--- Quote ---- will he allow developers like me to work on SNAP source code as Mensys has bought the rights to do so?
--- End quote ---
with Menso face to face. Maybe Mensys can transfer the SNAP license for source code to Lewis Arca Noae. As Mensys obviously does not and did not anything with the source code it seems Arca Noae can manage this topic better.

We really need better graphic support and extending SNAP seems to be the easiest way to get them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version