Author Topic: QT3 Toolkit will not compile --need help!  (Read 6808 times)

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
QT3 Toolkit will not compile --need help!
« on: October 31, 2014, 04:16:39 am »
I need to use qt3 to compile some older source code gui's. I'm using GCC 3.3.2 (eCS 2.2 beta) and trying different QT3 sources SVN 205, 207 & 208 -- all with the same failure. I have to use the newer SVN's as I don't have access to ILINK 3.08, and use WLINK.EXE linker. QT· compiles the library alone, without problems but I need the tools also and when I use the option to compile both tools & lib's it "craps-out" with:

emxomfar -p128 r ..\..\..\lib\qassistantclient.lib tmp\obj\release_mt_static\qassistantclient.obj tmp\obj\release_mt_static\moc_qassistantclient.obj
emxomfar 0.6.4 (Bird Build 2011-10-03 04:55 (csd4)) -- Copyright (c) 1992-1996 by Eberhard Mattes

Usage: emxomfar [-p#] <command> <library_file> [<module>]...

Commands:
  d    delete module from library
  r    replace modules in library
  t    list table of contents
  x    extract modules from library

Options (append to command):
  c    no warning when creating new library
  v    verbose output

Options (prededing command):
  -p#  set page size
make[2]: *** [..\..\..\lib\qassistantclient.lib] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/208/trunk/tools/assistant/lib'
make[1]: *** [sub-assistant-lib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/208/trunk/tools'
make: *** [sub-tools] Error 2

Any ideas as to how I can get around this problem will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance  klipp

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
Re: QT3 Toolkit will not compile --need help!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 07:48:53 pm »
Does anybody know where I can obtain Innotek's GCC 3.2.2 or 3.3.2 CSD1 ? also need IBM's ILINK 3.08

thanks  klipp

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 10:56:50 pm »
Didn't QT3 require a newer GCC? IIRC 4.x at least. GCC 3.2.2 is old and the libc was lacking compared to libc06.
About your error, double check that the paths are correct, especially the ./../.. part

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 11:53:51 pm »
Hi Dave, Good to hear from you. I have now got several early builds of VBox compiled and apparently working, they however all lack the GUI, It requires  QT3 to compile the ui's and QTDesigner in the tools package of QT3. I can't get QT3 to compile the newer SVN's (as you can see in my previous post). With the newer SVN's QT3 will link with wlink (which I have) the older SNN's (pre 205) will ONLY configure & compile using ILINK 3.08 (which I don't have) The configure file goes to great lengths to prevent using the newer versions of ILINK. I believe there is a possibility that earlier version of QT3 SVN might compile without the error.  A clean compile of QT3 is all that is preventing me from having a functional update of VBox (i hope!). But that is only a starting point! The newer versions of VBox have the same glib-libidl problem encountered by you (yeah, I read one of you're old posts! 4-30-2006) working on Warpzilla. GLIB & LIBIDL won't work with GCC 3.3.5 and that's why I'm trying to find a copy of Innotek's 3.2.2 -- it supposedly builds O.K.
    As far as checking that my paths are corect, I have to admit my ignorance! I don't understand the "./../ " part of the error. What is it trying to tell me?

Thanks for trying to bail me out once again, you'r help previously was the only thing that got me this far.

klipp

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 11:44:22 am »
I've ilink v1.08 which was included with VACPP3.08, ilink v3.06 from VACP3.65 and ilink v5.0. Never heard of ilink v3.08.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 05:32:37 pm »
I believe R.M. means v1.08
K.M., I have glib and libidl compiled and working with GCC 3.3.5 and newer, used for years for building Mozilla and there are copies on Hobbes I believe. If needed you can email me and I'll send you my copy.

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 05:35:49 pm »
Its part of IBM's Visual Age C/C++ 3 that got updated to 3.08. There are "renamed" versions around but unknown to me.

klipp