Author Topic: OS/2 User Meeting Cologne 2014 - Forecast  (Read 10289 times)

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
OS/2 User Meeting Cologne 2014 - Forecast
« on: November 27, 2014, 08:42:42 am »
Hi,

you can find some information about the upcoming OS/2 User meeting on Saturday in Cologne here:

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.os2.org%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D4%26t%3D332%26start%3D25%23p2378&edit-text=

The event will be held almost in German as there has been almost no response from possible visitors from outside Germany or German speaking countries. If on Saturday someone will proof us wrong he/she is warmly welcome and we will find a solution for this then  ;)

There will be no "Live Camera" or something like this, but

- we will publish summarys, pictures and videos about the event and what happend in German and English after the event did take place

Thomas and me are really looking forward on Saturday!

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: OS/2 User Meeting Cologne 2014 - Forecast
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 05:23:43 pm »
There will be no "Live Camera" or something like this, but

- we will publish summarys, pictures and videos about the event and what happend in German and English after the event did take place

Please let me know when you publish summaries, pictures and videos. 

Live Streaming is not complicated. I used windows and UStream Producer at WarpStock (Which I'm thinking on next time OpenBroadcaster/YouTube), but you require someone pointing the camera, an stable internet, and checking on the computer continuously that the stream is live.  So, if you are missing hands, this can be a limitation.

Good luck with the meeting and thanks for your efforts !!! Please say hi to the OS/2 users there for me.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Sigurd Fastenrath

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 08:02:43 am »
The event is over now - here are some pictures and some information, more will follow - but this will take some time!  ;)

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.os2.org%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D4%26t%3D332%26start%3D25%23p2400&edit-text=

Please scroll down for more pictures.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 01:56:54 pm »
Hi Sigurd. Congratulations on the event.

Thanks for posting the pictures. Can I include them on the OS2World Gallery?

Please let me know if there are more contents like videos or slides showed there.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Sigurd Fastenrath

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 02:41:39 pm »
Hi Martin,

thank you - yes - you can include the pictures. More will follow, but take some time due to some pressure of work on Thomas an me. But it will come.

Videos will not come - as we did not find the time and missed the right equipment to produce those - we hope to change this in 2015.

eirik

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 01:11:22 am »
Sigurd and Thomas,

great work!  Once you have recovered I hope some info is available for those of us unable to attend (I did see your earlier post on this issue, but just want to keep the pressure on :-).  Lot's of interesting stuff - thanks guys.

Eirik