Author Topic: Status of NetDrive?  (Read 16778 times)

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
Re: Status of NetDrive?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 11:09:34 pm »
OK, further updates.

As David pointed out the 2.1.5 GA version of the plugin appears to be much better behaved. Having said that, I can consistently connect to either the WinXP or the NAS, but both behave somewhat differently when it comes to interfacing data with them. This must be due to the actual specifics of the share definitions on both boxes.

So, what that means is the following:

1) WinXP
I am able to easily browse the photo folders...no crash, PMView stays up, no crash there or at the NetDrive level. I am NOT able to create or delete image icon thumbnails on the remote share though. I am able to copy my OS/2 photos to the remote share, extended attributes are preserved and I can see the NTFS showing them, however, PMView will not read them, instead the icon images are created on-the-fly as I open the remote share folder. Works, but talk about slow...LOL

2) NAS
This one is proving to be more problematic. File copies appear to be extremly slow...a number of times they completely errored out. As with WinXP the PMView icon thumbnail creation and delete do not appear to work as they do on a local partition, nor are the currently generated thumbnails being shown. So at the command line I see what is the extended attribute as being attached to the file, yet PMView is clearly not recognizing it and simply building the thumbnail on-the-fly as the whole image is retrieved.

So far that's it. I'll experiment a bit more as I'm getting better aquainted with both the NetDrive and the WinXP/NAS configurations.