Author Topic: [Arca Noae] Arca Noae and Serenity Systems International  (Read 36227 times)

David Kiley

• View Profile
Re: [Arca Noae] Arca Noae and Serenity Systems International
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 01:24:13 am »
Hey Lewis-

I kind of like the name serenity systems better than Arca Noae personally.. Since you now apparently own the name have you considered actually switching to using it as your primary?

Just my 2cents.. maybe other people feel different about it including you :).

Lewis Rosenthal

• View Profile
    • Tales from the Trenches of IT
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2015, 06:31:33 am »
Ah, memories. I still have another five years or so before I use up all my long term capital losses. But I lucked out on some other investments so no worries. ;)
Dan, your contribution to the overall project was (and is) greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for taking the risk. The Virtual deal was just an unholy mess, unfortunately.

Anyway, it would be good to get together at Warpstock for another meal. We haven't broken bread in several years.  :)
Lewis
-------------------------------------------------------------
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLP, CLE, CWTS
Managing Member
Arca Noae, LLC                               www.arcanoae.com

Lewis Rosenthal

• View Profile
    • Tales from the Trenches of IT
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2015, 06:39:19 am »
Hey Lewis-

I kind of like the name serenity systems better than Arca Noae personally.. Since you now apparently own the name have you considered actually switching to using it as your primary?

Just my 2cents.. maybe other people feel different about it including you :).

Thanks for your thoughts on this, David.

Well, I didn't choose Arca Noae (though I must admit that it has grown on me to some extent). As for rolling back the clock and going to Serenity Systems, there is another Serenity Systems, you know (without the hyphen in the domain name). A quick whois search turns up:

Code: [Select]
Registrant Name: Mark Leary
Registrant Organization: Serenity Systems. Inc.
Registrant Street: 1776 Yorktown St.
Registrant Street: Suite 860
Registrant City: Houston
Registrant State/Province: Texas
Registrant Postal Code: 77056
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +1.7136477272

So, I don't think we'll want to go down that rabbit hole. At least with a name like Arca Noae, there isn't a great chance that someone else has anything similar... LOL
Lewis
-------------------------------------------------------------
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLP, CLE, CWTS
Managing Member
Arca Noae, LLC                               www.arcanoae.com

David Kiley

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2015, 07:10:47 am »
As for rolling back the clock and going to Serenity Systems, there is another Serenity Systems, you know (without the hyphen in the domain name).

Ah.. didn't know there was any others. It looks they were acquired by another company - to take some staff & clients:
http://www.aldridge.com/blog/2012/06/28/the-aldridge-company-acquires-serenity-systems-inc/

So I don't think they intend to use the name anymore from the looks of it.
But, I can understand if you would rather avoid the whole possibility there.

Daniel

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2015, 01:46:49 am »

Dan, your contribution to the overall project was (and is) greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for taking the risk. The Virtual deal was just an unholy mess, unfortunately.

Anyway, it would be good to get together at Warpstock for another meal. We haven't broken bread in several years.  :)

Lewis, That would be good. Warpstock or Warpstock Europe... I have scads of Lufthansa miles. Even Cologne, but I will have to improve my German.
 ;)