OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

PDF Printer

(1/6) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

It used to be so easy to print on PDF with "PDF Printer", but I just installed it again and it is not working.
What are you using today to print as PDF?.

I have been trying ghostscript 8.71 and 9.16 with "PDF Printer" but it is not working. I'm getting this error when try to print a INF with NewView (picture attached).

Any hints?

guzzi:
Qpdfview and cups. Works like a charm.

Andy Willis:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on March 17, 2015, 11:44:15 pm ---Hi

It used to be so easy to print on PDF with "PDF Printer", but I just installed it again and it is not working.
What are you using today to print as PDF?.

I have been trying ghostscript 8.71 and 9.16 with "PDF Printer" but it is not working. I'm getting this error when try to print a INF with NewView (picture attached).

Any hints?

--- End quote ---
Possibly the printer driver you are using?  I don't think I had ever used pre-press but just tested it and it worked fine.

Alex Taylor:
I just glanced through the source code on Netlabs (which unfortunately is older than the last release, the code for which appears to be lost).

The return code 1 is coming from Ghostscript, it doesn't appear to be a system error. So I assume Ghostscript is at least loading successfully.

There should be a logfile in %TMP%\pdfwrite.msg.  You could try examining it for clues.  It should contain, among other things, the complete command line used to invoke GS, which you might try running manually to see if you get any more information.

FWIW (from looking at the source code), the command line should be:

gsos2  -q -Ic:\programs\gs\gs8.71\lib;c:\programs\gs\gs8.71\..\fonts;c:\psfonts -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOPLATFONTS -sFONTPATH=#c:\psfonts -sDEVICE#pdfwrite -dPDFSETTINGS=/screen -dEmbedAllFonts=true -sOutputFile#"pdf_file" "ps_file"

(assuming C: is your boot drive)

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Alex.

I tried to find a "pdfwrite.msg" in all the HDD and I can not find it.

I'm trying to install CUPS and see how it works for me. Does CUPS needs to be installed on the root (C:\CUPS) to work?

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version