Author Topic: SSH/SCP problem  (Read 8225 times)

gamba

SSH/SCP problem
« on: March 23, 2015, 03:37:18 pm »
Hi all,

from my OS/2 laptop I have no problem  connecting to a Linux server and running:

scp gabriele@myserver.com:/backup/*.gz* .

But when I try the same from my OS/2 server, I get:

scp gabriele@myserver.com:/backup/*.gz* .
could not create directory 'D$/HOME/gabriele/.ssh'.

The directory D:\HOME\gabriele\.ssh obviously exists. Any hint??

Thanks
Gabriele

dbanet

Re: SSH/SCP problem
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 02:40:28 am »
What OpenSSH version do you use? The build from nickk, or you got it from the Netlabs RPM repository?

Is %HOME% defined?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:42:35 am by Boris »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 03:23:06 am »
Might also be worth testing changing the directory separators in %HOME%, eg if using D:\HOME\Gabriele try D:/HOME/Gabriele. Case also can screw up some ports, g:/home/gabriele

gamba

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 11:44:12 am »
Thank you Boris - and Dave!

I have just realized that on the server I have openssh from yum, while on the laptop I have the one from Nickk :-) Using Nickk one, it works fine also on the server.
But I would be happier if I could correctly setup openssh from yum, that is a more recent version.

What to you mean with defining HOME? I have SET HOME=D:\DEFAULT in config.sys, and D: is also unixroot.

gamba

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 11:58:49 am »
set home=D:/HOME/gabriele did not help. Maybe the problem is that I have OS/2 ETC directory on C: (C:\MPTN\ETC) and Unixroot ETC directory on D: (D:\etc).

Do we have any tool to edit /etc/master.passwd? I think the file was created by Samba, but with "Samba Users and Groups" objects I don't see a way to edit Home.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:08:50 pm by Gabriele »

dbanet

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 07:33:02 am »
I don't think that anyone had ever tested OpenSSH from RPM, so the only alternative now is the build from nickk.