Author Topic: QPdfView install problem  (Read 6105 times)

mwizard

QPdfView install problem
« on: April 08, 2015, 07:37:04 pm »
I'm trying to install and run the latest qpdfview port for eCS.  I believe I have all the pre reqs in place based on the document that came with the package..  But when I try to open a PDF document with the program, it complains it is missing the plugin for "PDF" 

Does anyone know where I need to look in order to solve this question so that I can open PDF documents with the program?  I would appreciate a point in the right direction.

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
Re: QPdfView install problem
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 02:13:27 am »
There is likely a LIBPATH problem. That is, an earlier version of one of the DLL files that is a prerequisite that is loading instead of the one you installed. There is a command line utility, which, that locates where a DLL is being loaded from

which -d foo.dll

shows which DLL file will be loaded.

There is also a nice program for testing if whole chains of DLL files can be loaded. That is PM DLL Lister (pmdll in Suntan Special). That can also be good for finding the older DLL that is being loaded.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 04:45:43 pm »
I'm trying to install and run the latest qpdfview port for eCS.  I believe I have all the pre reqs in place based on the document that came with the package..  But when I try to open a PDF document with the program, it complains it is missing the plugin for "PDF" 

Does anyone know where I need to look in order to solve this question so that I can open PDF documents with the program?  I would appreciate a point in the right direction.

Most likely, you need to delete %HOME%\.config\Trolltech.ini. It will be rebuilt.

mwizard

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 08:02:44 pm »
Well it did turn out to be the trolltech ini file.  I had tried that a few times while I went to find all the dll's that I'd been missing.  It took a bit of time to get the ones not part of a yum install.

My first efforts deleting that file (between installing DLLs) did not prove to be a solution.  I guess I just gave up too early on deleting that file as a possible solution to my problem.  It turns out I needed to delete it one last time after everything was installed.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.