Author Topic: Escriba 0.96d  (Read 5742 times)

ivan

• View Profile
Escriba 0.96d
« on: April 11, 2015, 01:13:05 am »
Having a very quiet time on the night shift I decided to give this program a try.

I am quite surprised that an OS/2 v2.x program works as well as this does on out WSeB boxes. 

There are a couple of annoying aspects: it does not like my 28 inch (1920x1200) high resolution screen - there is a pronounced flickering which I assume is due to this being written for the standard monitors of the day. The second thing is in the font selection menu and the formatting menu - a half dozen fonts display at what appears to 48 point as do the font type (bold, underline, etc).  I don't know if this is an artefact of how it reacts to the large display or not but I will do more investigation as the night goes on.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Escriba 0.96d
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 02:47:00 am »
Hi.

Is it good that it gaves you at least a fun night. The efforts of open sourcing it and making it public are paid :)

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

ivan

• View Profile
Re: Escriba 0.96d
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 11:43:11 am »
I have to agree with you there Martin.  The fact that we have the source code means that it should be possible to find out what is causing the problems and possibly fix them.

One other thing I did find is that after I tried it several of my standard programs would no longer work.  I tried to use Gotcha to do a screen grab but it would not start, for example.  In the end I had to reboot the computer to get back to normal.

If I have time tonight I will try and find our OS/2 v2 floppies and see if I can install it into a VM and then run Escriba there, might be fun ;)