Author Topic: programming in Java with netbeans  (Read 7701 times)

Joop

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 44
    • View Profile
Re: programming in Java with netbeans
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 05:14:55 pm »
Thought that Netbeans 6.9.1 was the last version we could use, but I was wrong. Learned from the wiki that version 7.3.1 is the last one. I have downloaded this version and installed. According the wiki you have to tweak a little, but its more than a little. I managed to get it up and running

After setup the system had the message that there are updates. The updates are downloaded and installed(?). I had to restart, all goes fine. But closing the program was not possible, it starts over and over again. I have posted a bug with info on the netbeans site. The downloads are stored in own directories. After removing those directories with FC/2 all was fine, but the message updates are available is also present again.

Tried to compile a Java program, I had success with the Anagram game after installing a plugin, its a simple game, but it shows that its working ;-)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:45:40 pm by Joop »

Boris

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 05:49:24 pm »
Will you consider packing a distro with all necessary tweaks, dependencies, startup scripts, et cetera?
LIABILITY DISCLAIMER: this is how I understand and what I know, I may be highly inaccurate, or even completely wrong! There are no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of my posts. Think on your own!

Joop

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2015, 06:43:33 pm »
Will you consider packing a distro with all necessary tweaks, dependencies, startup scripts, et cetera?
Its still far from so to speak. I need to go through a REXX script and there are still minor issues in the log which I have to figure out. But as soon as I'm confident that its all okay I probably will put the solution on my webpage with a zipfile for the REXX scripts and some icons.

Joop

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2015, 01:13:20 pm »
I have updated my homepage for Java NetBeans, go to http://joopn.home.xs4all.nl/os2ecs/ecs6e36.htm and have fun. I made this decision because it might take months before I have figured out what's wrong on some points, so there are still some issues to solve. May be you will find a solution for some of those. I have posted a bug on Netbeans which have to do with upgrading the system. So don't agree with the remark there are 2 updates. May be this has to do with what I have done to get it installed, don't know. We'll see.
I want to point out that the Dutch part of my homepage about OS/2-eCS is far behind.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:20:47 pm by Joop »