Author Topic: programming in Java with netbeans  (Read 24678 times)

Joop

• View Profile
Re: programming in Java with netbeans
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 05:14:55 pm »
Thought that Netbeans 6.9.1 was the last version we could use, but I was wrong. Learned from the wiki that version 7.3.1 is the last one. I have downloaded this version and installed. According the wiki you have to tweak a little, but its more than a little. I managed to get it up and running

After setup the system had the message that there are updates. The updates are downloaded and installed(?). I had to restart, all goes fine. But closing the program was not possible, it starts over and over again. I have posted a bug with info on the netbeans site. The downloads are stored in own directories. After removing those directories with FC/2 all was fine, but the message updates are available is also present again.

Tried to compile a Java program, I had success with the Anagram game after installing a plugin, its a simple game, but it shows that its working ;-)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:45:40 pm by Joop »

dbanet

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 05:49:24 pm »
Will you consider packing a distro with all necessary tweaks, dependencies, startup scripts, et cetera?

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2015, 06:43:33 pm »
Will you consider packing a distro with all necessary tweaks, dependencies, startup scripts, et cetera?
Its still far from so to speak. I need to go through a REXX script and there are still minor issues in the log which I have to figure out. But as soon as I'm confident that its all okay I probably will put the solution on my webpage with a zipfile for the REXX scripts and some icons.

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2015, 01:13:20 pm »
I have updated my homepage for Java NetBeans, go to http://joopn.home.xs4all.nl/os2ecs/ecs6e36.htm and have fun. I made this decision because it might take months before I have figured out what's wrong on some points, so there are still some issues to solve. May be you will find a solution for some of those. I have posted a bug on Netbeans which have to do with upgrading the system. So don't agree with the remark there are 2 updates. May be this has to do with what I have done to get it installed, don't know. We'll see.
I want to point out that the Dutch part of my homepage about OS/2-eCS is far behind.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:20:47 pm by Joop »