Author Topic: H.P. 2025 need help Per!  (Read 23681 times)

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
H.P. 2025 need help Per!
« on: June 27, 2015, 05:16:15 am »
I need more help PER! I just got my H.P. 2025dn today but have not been able to get it to work. What did you enter for SLPR1 properties? LPD Server=???? and LPD Printer=?????. That's the only thing I can think of that I might be setting wrong.

tanks klipp

Per E. Johannessen

• View Profile
Re: H.P. 2025 need help Per!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 02:13:08 pm »
Hi Klipp,

Can you open the printer settings in your web browser? Try http://192.168.1.140, which is also the IP you fill in as LPD server, and you should be presented with three tabs, status, settings and networking. Look for host name on the networking page, should be something like NPI8132B6.
(Just noticed that my slpr setup shows NP18132B6, third character '1' instead of 'I' which is listed by the printer. Possibly an error from my side but if so that indicates that you can fill in what you like (?).)
You can also find it this way:
Press the OK button to bring up the menu.
"Reports" will be displayed -- press the OK button.
Scroll to the right until "Config Report" is displayed.
Press the OK button to print out the configuration page.

Per

(Saw this post after I replied to the old one about CP1025.)

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 07:16:01 pm »
Thanks for you're response Per. Using http://192.168.1.140 works as you described, and you were also correct that the machine listed NPIF9E888 incorrectly and I changed it to NP1F9E888. But still nothing when I try to print. I guess the only thing remaining is to try it on a different machine. I did try it using CUPS  1.4.8 and calling it a HP Color LaserJet CP 2020 and it worked and sucessfully printed a Printer Test Page but I've forgotten how to set up the Desktop Printer Object -- Well, i thought i knew how but what i tried didn't work.
 Do you have any other suggestions? Alex? How about you?

Thanks to both of you!  klipp

Per E. Johannessen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 08:35:21 pm »
Don't know what version you are running, but on eCS2.1 you open the "Local System", then "Printers" and "Install Printer".
Leave "Standard Printer" selected in the dialog window and press "Install". In the next window you give the printer a name, if the HP postscript driver 3700 ps is not listed under "Default printer drivers" you have choose "Install new printer driver...", new window pops up, select the driver from the list and "Install". This should bring you back to where you create the printer, now just select the SLPR output port and press "Create".

Another way to make the printer object is to open the "Templates" folder and drag a "Printer" object to your desktop and it will automatically open "Printer" where you have to go through the settings steps above.

Hopefully that's it........

Per

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 09:07:49 pm »
I'm running eCS 2.2 beta and creating a pretty much the same as you have indicated, but there is no HP postscript driver 3700 ps" listed. The driver I've been trying to use is POSTSCRIPT .HP Color LaserJet 3700 PS. Is this incorrect?

klipp

Per E. Johannessen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 09:48:23 pm »
HP Color Laserjet 3700 PS is the correct one.
Is there any sign of "activity" at all on the printer when you send a print job to it?
When you open the printer properties, is the driver listed as installed and selected for the printer?
And, on the Output Port  SLPR1 is selected?

I have several eCS versions installed and it works on all of them, incl. beta 2.2.
Alex pointed out that LPD printer actually could be whatever you choose, I just tested and it works with these SLPR properties:

LPD server: 192.168.1.118 (You should of course use 192.168.1.140)
LDP printer: HP2025
Port name: SLPR1
Print Timeout: 45 seconds
Performance: Nothing selected

Right now I can't think of anything else.
Reboot should not be necessary, but you could try .....

Perhaps someone has ideas?

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 10:53:22 pm »
I just set it up on another system with the same results.
LPD server 192.168.1.140
LPD Printer HP2025
Port Name SLPR1
Timeout 45 secs
Preformance Nothing selected

No activity on printer, File is sent but no printer response
Driver is installed and outport port SLPR1 is selected

I also tried setting up in CUPS and that all went well and it printed sucessfully a color test page, but when i created the desktop object
and tried printing both a Web page and a Text Document,  it blows off everything and returns to the desktop.
My God I hope I havn't bought another "Boat Anchor" --- one small pluss, this printer is soo heavy it will anchor a pretty large boat!

Thanks for all the help   klipp

Alex Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 04:16:09 am »
In SLPR1 try setting performance to LPRPORTD compatible.

Are you certain the printer is configured to accept LPR connections?

You said it works from CUPS. What protocol are you using in CUPS? (BTW if printing a test page works from CUPS then you can definitely get it working through CUPS.)

Per E. Johannessen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 04:37:08 am »
You could also try LPD, (not at my eCS right and don't remember the exact words), instead of SLPR.
Don't use it as an anchor yet! I have this printer working and I cannot recall that I had to change any settings on the printer itself.
Can you scan and upload the print configuration so I can see if there are any differences compared to mine?

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 05:39:51 pm »
Hey Per, I think you're idea may be the solution! This printer was sold in Mexico, so I had to change the language to english Then I got to thinking about it, and thought they might have changed something in the configurarion -- so I did a "Restore Defaults" which set everything back to what is apparently defaults for Mexico, I changed the language back to english and tried it once more, but the same results- nothing printed!
I will scan & upload the Printer configuration later today so you can compare results.
  Alex, thanks for getting involved as I would really like to be able to also use CUPS. Like I stated earlier, CUPS test page prints 100% correct (I will also scan and upload a copy of the test page printout) But using the procedure on the CUPS How TO it creates the desktop printer but when that is selected by either Seamonkey & OpenOffice for printing, it does nothing and returns to the Desktop. Is  there a better way of setting this up?
Thanks again to both of you, gotta go do a bunch of crap for the wife then later I can get back to the important things in life!

klipp

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 04:31:05 am »
Hi Per & Alex, Attached are the Configure, Network & CUPS test page. Hope this helps clear my problem.

Thanks   klipp

Per E. Johannessen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 02:55:17 pm »
Both network and configuration are set up the same way here.
Quite some time ago I had some problems getting a printer to work. I did a lot of deleting and recreating printer objects and this resulted in lots of printer entries in the ini-files. (When deleting a printer some settings remained in the ini.) I used the "Registry Editor" to delete all the "printer entries" which I knew were a result of my actions. After rebooting I once again created a printer object and it worked.
Remember to back up os2.ini and os2sys.ini before doing anything with the "Registry Editor"!

Alex Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 05:35:27 pm »
I suggest you use my CUPS printer wizard to create the printer object.
http://www.altsan.org/os2/printing/#cupswiz

Since you already created the printer in CUPS, choose 'Other printer (manual configuration)' and then choose 'Existing CUPS printer' on the first drop-down.  Enter 'localhost' as the 'CUPS server name', and select the printer from the 'CUPS printer name' dropdown.

That should create the printer object for you.  Hopefully it's fairly straightforward.

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 11:37:51 pm »
Hi Per & Alex, Per - I've tried this on a different machine with no other printers installed, same results. I just also tried setting the Printer I.P. to 192.168.1.118 (same as you'rs) and that didn't work either.
Alex, I used you're CUPSwiz and it created the CUPS printer. But when the printer is selected to print using  HP2025 and "print" is selected it pauses very briefly then kills whichever program (SeaMonkey or Open Office) was used and returns to the Desktop. One interesting thing was that  CUPSwiz created two Printer entries for the H.P.2025 to select from:
HP Color Laserjet CP2020 series;HPCOLOR1 and
HP Color Laserjet CP2020 series:HPCOLORL
Other note: Running Windoz XP , XP installs the printer as "socket;//192.168.1.140
Printer works fine on both SuSE 12.3 & Windoz

klipp 

R.M. Klippstein

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 12:26:09 am »
Hey Per,What is you're Firmware Date code? mine is 20100512.

thanks   klipp