Author Topic: Thunderbird 31.6  (Read 20772 times)

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Thunderbird 31.6
« on: June 29, 2015, 04:16:33 am »
I've uploaded a preliminary build of Thunderbird 31.6 along with its corresponding Lightning build to https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr31/downloads. Should have the same requirements as the bitwise build of Firefox 24.8.1.
As usual, it is a good idea to back up your profile before testing though it has been stable for me.
SeaMonkey (and Firefox) still have some issues and the new sound library (thanks to KOMH for porting) hasn't been committed yet and I'll probably release a build when Bitwise releases FF31.8

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
Re: Thunderbird 31.6
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 07:58:21 am »
Thx Dave

Checking it out now !  Could you possibly post the future names for FF & SM (or close to)and I'll update the install script (http://os2notes.net/os2firefoxdd.html) for both of them.

So, it will be ready when everything is released ! Does Enigmail still work or do you have a update to it ?

Greggory
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:01:53 am by Greggory Shaw »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 08:18:42 am »
make package currently outputs firefox-31.6.0.en-US.os2.zip and seamonkey-2.28.en-US.os2.zip. I'd guess Bitwise will use similar for Firefox excepting if they wait for 31.8, the name will reflect that. Not sure if I'll modify Seamonkeys name, if uploading from home it'll be a 7z but it's too slow (11 hours to upload TB) and I'll probably rerelease TB 31.8.0 with whatever fixes happen.
Enigmail needs to be linked against whichever Mozilla version it's compiled for (or at least did last time I looked) and I haven't revisited since the version I built for 10ESR. If I get a chance I'll look at it.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 06:02:38 am »
I've uploaded Thunderbird 31.8.0 to Hobbes.

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 12:18:49 am »
I have given it a fariry good shakedown and it seems to run fine. Just a little slow, but not as slow as some of the previous releases.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 02:56:40 am »
Wish I knew why it is so slow. Here I get the hourglass pointer when scrolling, delays when selecting a message and such. CPU meter doesn't spike and no disk activity. Memory moves?

eirik

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 09:17:55 am »
I have also downloaded TB 31.8 from Hobbes (thanks Dave), and it runs well on my system (eCS 2.1). It also appears to be stable and is more robust in handling enclosures than previous versions.  My only grudge is that the error that apparently came with ver. 24 (inability to store passwords for sending - passwords for receiving are stored) still seems to remain.

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 02:02:12 pm »
I do not know if this something in my profile.  But I have the same issue as Erik with Thunderbird 31.
The login credentials to send email via the SMTP server of my ISP where not loaded.

Also when I open an attachment from Thunderbird, Thunderbird crashes.  For Thunderbird 31 I have an exceptq report. Would that be useful for you David ? Or is this issue possibly something in my profile ?

Thanks,

Roderick

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 04:47:03 pm »
@Eirik, what kind of mail server? You could try using an older version to store your password. Note that if using an older version, you may have to rebuild your msf files. Right click on folder and choose properties-->repair folder.
@Roderick,  first try to set MOZ_NO_RWS=1 in your environment and see if that fixes.

I also forgot to package the README.OS2, it is the same as in the current Firefox and SeaMonkey.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 06:09:50 pm »
Not remembering passwords in Thunderbird seems to be a common problem. Couple of articles,
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2711411
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/995190
Google finds many more.

eirik

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 11:39:06 am »
@Dave: thanks for tips and comments.  For private email (Gmail) I send via SMTP, for my work account (Microsoft) I send via the SMPT server provided by my workplace for non-win users.  In the saved passwords (under Options/Security) it appears that new passwords are not changed. I deleted the old smpt user for sending from Gmail, but it still did not ask me to use password manager to store the password when I just sent an email  I am hence a bit doubtful if going the profile manager route will solve the problem.  And by the way, for incoming emails it works (and passwords are updated).

eirik

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 12:16:34 pm »
@Dave: after reading some of the links you provided, I have also renamed the files key3.db and signons.sqlite (closed TB, did the change and restarted) as this is where passwords and signons apparently are stored.  Result:
  • When checking for incoming email, the password manager emerged for both accounts and I entered the passwords again.  The passwords were properly stored
  • When sending (from either account) I was asked to enter passwords and sending worked.  However, for the smpt-servers the passwords were not stored. (closing TB and starting it up again, and I was asked to reenter passwords for sending, but not for receiving)
These results suggest that there is something wrong in the way TB treats passwords, and that making a new profile may not work either.  This is not a large problem, but as always, it is nice when a system is working 100% the way it should.

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 07:34:06 pm »
Hi Dave,

When installing latest Lighting in TB 31.8 or SM I get an error '... can modified file ...' ?

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Greggory

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 05:02:41 am »
@Eirek, the problem is that the profiles are somewhat fragile and that Firefox is moving so fast that the volunteer efforts such as TB and SM are having a hard time keeping up.
As I mentioned earlier, you could try saving the passwords with an older version. Might have to delete key.db and signons.sqlite again. There were cases in some of the articles where only a new profile cured the problem

@Greggory, this is usually a DLL conflict. Jan-Erik posted a script to fix in the Firefox 31.8.0 thread (untested here) or make sure that you don't have multiple libc06*.dlls installed.

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 02:21:45 am »

@Greggory, this is usually a DLL conflict. Jan-Erik posted a script to fix in the Firefox 31.8.0 thread (untested here) or make sure that you don't have multiple libc06*.dlls installed.

Thanks Dave for the hard work !

I'm using 2.2 and uninstalled the libc & gcc wpi files (using yum) and works now !

One question though, do you know what klibccfg.dll is, it's in the Warpin database ?

Greggory