Author Topic: Firefox 31.8.0 Beta 5 - First Impressions  (Read 71128 times)

roberto

• View Profile
Re: Firefox 31.8.0 Beta 5 - First Impressions
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2015, 06:10:21 pm »
The version is 14105_SMP, and the installation of the dll was with yum (with lots of errors), and finally with the wapin and zip files. And for more data rename  2014/04/07 18:24:08 1047 file C: \ usr \ bin \ python-stop.exe. And replace it with this:
  2011/01/04 13:12:24 954 C: \ usr \ bin \ python.exe
DLLs have many repeated with the same name and different sizes in different folders, but which can not be removed and which to leave.
Saludos

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2015, 07:06:19 am »
OK, I assume you're using eCS2.1. Really your rpm/yum install needs fixing, probably by nuking it and starting over. Perhaps your ancient python was the problem and even your new one is old. Perhaps it should be a new thread.
For now the simplest would be to download the ones listed in the readme, or listed on http://os2news.warpstock.org/Warpzilla.html and put them somewhere close to the beginning of your LIBPATH and move all the other older versions out of the way. Use unlock if they're in use, unlock foo.dll. After moving them, reboot.
The newer ones are compatible with the older ones but have added functionality. The exception is really old ones that depend on EMX.DLL.

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2015, 09:49:20 am »
The version is 14105_SMP, and the installation of the dll was with yum (with lots of errors), and finally with the wapin and zip files. And for more data rename  2014/04/07 18:24:08 1047 file C: \ usr \ bin \ python-stop.exe. And replace it with this:
  2011/01/04 13:12:24 954 C: \ usr \ bin \ python.exe
DLLs have many repeated with the same name and different sizes in different folders, but which can not be removed and which to leave.
Saludos

Well, if you only want yum for firefox, then this maybe as bit easier:

Installing FF, TB, SM and has all the dlls that you need, but I recommend sorting out yum.

You can use this with or without yum.

http://os2notes.duckdns.org/os2firefoxdd.html

And wasn't there a slot on dlls during Warpstock - look that up to get the dlls sorted.

Greggory
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:53:22 am by Greggory Shaw »

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2015, 09:23:57 pm »

http://os2notes.duckdns.org/os2firefoxdd.html

Greggory
Thanks, now is running with thunderbird 31.8 and without run! Iinstall thunderbird before without your tools.
But I think that this is a very strange form for install and run a cmd (Drag & drop)

In my opinion in the firefoxDD.cmd you have to include this line in line number 974:
IF FILENAME='' THEN say color.red "ERROR!!,You don't have to run this cmd in a command prompts, you have to made a Drag and drop a firefox-or-thunderbird ZIP file in Desktop icon" ||  color.gray ; key='n' ; exit

And you can delete the lines number 31 to 38, this rexx code is good, better that the warpin that I use first for install firefox 31.8
Saludos

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2015, 10:10:30 pm »

In my opinion in the firefoxDD.cmd you have to include this line in line number 974:
IF FILENAME='' THEN say color.red "ERROR!!,You don't have to run this cmd in a command prompts, you have to made a Drag and drop a firefox-or-thunderbird ZIP file in Desktop icon" ||  color.gray ; key='n' ; exit

Saludos

Are you saying to add a warning if someone drops the zip on the firefoxDD.cmd file ?

Greggory

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2015, 10:30:39 pm »

Are you saying to add a warning ...

Greggory
Yes add a warning, because I domwload the file, unzip, go to command prompts(for see errors if any, no mistake here), run the program install.cmd and i see firefoxdd.cmd, run it in command p. option default and give me a path for install c:\programs\  and show this error:

[D:\FirefoxDD-031]COPY D:\FirefoxDD-031\files\fntcfg2.dll C:\PROGRAMS\ \fntcfg2.
dll
SYS1003: The syntax of the command is incorrect.

Analyzing the firefoxDD.cmd, the code is correct, I was doing wrong, and lines 31-38 commented that errors may occur in default. But no error does not occur if you do a drag and drop.
Rexx is the best of the best !!
Saludos

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2015, 10:48:08 pm »

Are you saying to add a warning ...

Greggory
Yes add a warning, because I domwload the file, unzip, go to command prompts(for see errors if any, no mistake here), run the program install.cmd and i see firefoxdd.cmd, run it in command p. option default and give me a path for install c:\programs\  and show this error:

[D:\FirefoxDD-031]COPY D:\FirefoxDD-031\files\fntcfg2.dll C:\PROGRAMS\ \fntcfg2.
dll
SYS1003: The syntax of the command is incorrect.

Analyzing the firefoxDD.cmd, the code is correct, I was doing wrong, and lines 31-38 commented that errors may occur in default. But no error does not occur if you do a drag and drop.
Rexx is the best of the best !!
Saludos

Ok, I did that in this script - http://os2notes.duckdns.org/os2mplayer.html

I thought I added it to FF/DD too.  I'll add it thx - on a side note did you read the readme.1st file :)

The lines 31-38 are for OS/2 and Warp 4 users that don't have the - SET PROGRAMS=E:\PROGRAMS  in the CONFIG.SYS.  Guess I should make that more clear and add that note to the script too.

Thanks for the input,

Greggory
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:57:27 pm by Greggory Shaw »

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2015, 11:46:16 pm »
The lines 31-38 are for OS/2 and Warp 4 users that don't have the - SET PROGRAMS=E:\PROGRAMS  in the CONFIG.SYS.  Guess I should make that more clear and add that note to the script too.
Greggory
Ok, you are right, leaving the comment.
The main differences between the installer and firefoxDD.cmd warpin is that many of the DLLs are in the same folder firefox, and the warpin are in X: \ ecs \ dll or x: \ OS2 \ dll
FLY now works perfect. (1,66mhz old-laptop )
The readme.1st, I read, but English is not my language, and I is an added effort and sometimes I find it hard to understand, but the REXX understand better.
Saludos

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2015, 12:29:54 am »
Moved to FF31.8.0, but youtube stutters.

Found this;

Quote from: OS4User on July 25, 2015, 12:06:46 pm

Have just tested it too.  What I have seen - works ok, except for video from YouTube -
    the sound is very slow  and video is also very slow - so it is unusable for YouTube.

FF24 works ok  with YouTube on my system.

SET KAI_AUTOMODE=DART

So closed FF, updated the env file with above (use run) and run FF again. Did go back to youtube, same footage, still stutters. Now what?

This maybe interesting to some regarding the slow playback on Youtube.

I'm testing the sound drivers for my Soundblaster live, I was using Uniaud before.

The new native drivers have seemed to fix the Firefox slow play problem.  However, the native drivers for the SB will trap your system sometimes as reported (traps are fast forwarding video in MPlayer mainly)

Is there anyone that can the buffers in the native Soundblaster driver be fixed ?

Greggory. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 01:50:58 am by Greggory Shaw »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2016, 06:12:07 pm »
Hi

Any idea what can be wrong when you get this error: