Author Topic: Request for help to get to WarpStock 2015.  (Read 12096 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Request for help to get to WarpStock 2015.
« on: July 29, 2015, 02:50:47 pm »
Hi

I want to see if it can be possible for me to travel to WarpStock 2015 this year. I don't have budget to make that trip, since OS2World run for free, this is why I want to ask you for your help.

I need to get $1704.00 for the trip. This year I have the issue that I had to stay on the Drury Hotel since there are no more cheaper hotels around like last year WarpStock. But if I can share the room with some one maybe I can reduce the cost from $1704 to $1484, but if I share a room I must warn the other person that I speak a devilish language on my R.E.M. (just kidding).

So I will like to ask you collaboration again to my paypal account "martin@os2world.com".

My idea of visiting WarpStock is:
- Document the conferences with photos.
- Stream the Video conference (Just like I did last year) if there a good internet connection.
- Record whatever video I can to be published on YouTube for all of us.

If by any chance I cannot make it to WarpStock I will:
1) Return the money to the people that donate it
or
2) Donate it to an open source OS/2 project.

If you want to collaborate with me please donate to my paypal account: martin@os2world.com

I also want to thanks to all the sponsors of last year.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Request for help to get to WarpStock 2015.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 07:46:35 pm »
Hi

My fund-raising campaign to go to Warpstock 2015 it is not going good. At the moment I got $20, so I'm not sure if I will be able to be there.

Just in case I'm looking for any volunteer that will be there and it is willing to stream the event.

...and thanks to the guy that gave me $20 for this trip. Any other help is welcome.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 11:41:21 pm »
Hi

The good news is that I have my plane ticket to go !!

But I still need help to raise money for the hotel. I'm talking with someone that is going to share a room with me but I still need some help to pay my part. At the moment I had raised $40. (Thanks to that guys!!)

Any help is welcome at my paypal account "martin@os2world.com".

Let me know who else is going to Warpstock this year to meet there !!!

Regards.

Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 10:14:19 pm »
Hi

The second good news is that I found someone to share the room with at Warpstock. So I will be slitting the cost of the hotel with him.
It will cost me like $300 (with taxes) and for the moment I have $65 that has been donated. Thanks for the donation.

More donations to help me out to pay the hotel are welcome at my paypal account "martin@os2world.com".

Regards

Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 12:08:56 am »
Hi

I will like to thanks the people that donated. For the moment I have $175 and I will really like to get the $300 goal to pay for the hotel without issues.

Any help is welcome at my Paypal account: "martin@os2world.com".

Regards.

Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 11:21:41 pm »
Thanks you very much to all that donated to help me go to Warpstock 2015.  I have successfully received 1million dollars that will cover my expenses ....just kidding, I want to see if someone gets a heart attack :) 

Talking seriously I want to thank the people that helped me this year. I also got negative feedback from an important community member when I started to raise the money. It initially made me doubt if it will make sense to be at Warpstock this year or if it is worthy to video stream the event. But now, with your support and the ticket on my hand I'm sure that I will be there.

For the moment I got $205 which will help me to pay the hotel, any other help to get to reach the $300 will be welcome, but now I have no issues and I'm preparing my bags to be at Warpstock and do my best to video stream it. I want to thank the sponsors for helping me this year, even if we disagreed sometimes on the forums.

There maybe there not many Whovians here, but just like they said on the Doctor Who series "Every Christmas is last Christmas", so maybe "Every Warpstock is your last Warpstock"..... which it does not actually means that it is the last Warpstock :)   ...just go ahead and see that episode.

Thanks for the support.

Regards.
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster