Author Topic: OS/2 Vina - my 2015 project  (Read 5733 times)

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile

ivan

• View Profile
Re: OS/2 Vina - my 2015 project
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 11:35:48 pm »
One thing I would suggest is that you make a copy of your VDI before making any radical changes like adding RPM/YUM.  That way you will be able to easily return to a known good state.

Another thing you might like to consider a DLL directory off the root of the boot partition which contains all the extraneous DLLs that seem to be necessary lately with it being listed in the LIBPATH just after os2\dll.  We use that here and it works well. 

Sigurd Fastenrath

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 01:08:30 pm »
Hi Ivan,

One thing I would suggest is that you make a copy of your VDI before making any radical changes like adding RPM/YUM.  That way you will be able to easily return to a known good state.

thanks, that is what I am actually doing. Before changing a program I do "Safe State" the VDI. Before changing some system internals (like Kernel etc.) I do "Clone" the VDI with Virtualbox itself (I am using Virtualbox 5.02, latest so far).

Another thing you might like to consider a DLL directory off the root of the boot partition which contains all the extraneous DLLs that seem to be necessary lately with it being listed in the LIBPATH just after os2\dll.  We use that here and it works well.

That was one reason why I have a drive D: inside the VM as well, but I think I will try to have inside the Bootpartition first. That will make it much easier when it comes to converting it to the nativ version.

Sigurd Fastenrath

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 09:30:24 pm »
Some progress and one problem rising.