Author Topic: icedtea hangs?  (Read 9818 times)

Joop

• View Profile
icedtea hangs?
« on: September 04, 2015, 02:00:22 am »
I downloaded icedtea-web-1_3-beta.zip and followed the instructions. Downloaded glib2-2_25_15-4.zip and followed the instructions. Problem here is that 3 libs are with an older date. Don't know if mmap.dll, pthr01.dll and urpo.dll are that critical with different releases. I use the dll files with latest timestamps. I make use of run, so my env file contains this;
set MOZILLA_HOME=P:\FIREFOX_PROFIEL_240x
set MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=I:\FIREFOX_PLUGINS
set ICEDTEA_WEB_JRE=I:\JAVA\JAVA160ga5
set ICEDTEA_WEB_DATA=I:\JAVA\JAVA160ga5\lib
set NSPR_OS2_NO_HIRES_TIMER=1
set MOZ_ACCELERATED=1
rem set MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1

Start up FF 24.8.1 and in the about:config confirmation that the plugin is loaded. Go to the Java test site and it hangs. But what's wrong? The test site, because it test on version 8? Another site with a page witch needs Java 6 also hangs, I get the clock icon or similar. And you can wait forever.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Joop

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: icedtea hangs?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 06:54:19 am »
Do you have 100% CPU with plugin-container.exe using most or all? If so go to about:config and make sure that dom.ipc.plugins.enabled is set to false.
Otherwise I believe there is an issue open at the bitwise github issue tracker about problems with the icedtea plugin. Basically it needs work.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 08:52:48 am »
The issue is https://github.com/bitwiseworks/mozilla-os2/issues/72
Short story, Icedtea plugin is broken with 24ESR and probably newer.

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 09:01:23 pm »
Do you have 100% CPU with plugin-container.exe using most or all? If so go to about:config and make sure that dom.ipc.plugins.enabled is set to false.
Thanks for your answer.
No, it rises to a certain point halfway, some hick-ups and after that it drops complete to 0. Like something was loaded, but something is not responding. I get this behavior on the official Java test site. Sometimes I see a screen with password is needed, what password?

Otherwise I believe there is an issue open at the bitwise github issue tracker about problems with the icedtea plugin. Basically it needs work.
Read it, some of the things sounds familiar.I will try it with version 17.