Author Topic: OS/2 Google Trends ?  (Read 17270 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: OS/2 Google Trends ?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 07:22:52 pm »
...ohh, this thread really shifted away... sometime happens :)

Just to clarify, the Google Trends are refereed to the people that are searching for the "OS/2" words on their search engine. It seems there was a raise of people searching for OS/2 on Google lately, because of the Apple Watch OS 2.

I was just posting it as a curious thing.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 07:29:06 pm »
...ohh, this thread really shifted away... sometime happens :)

Just to clarify, the Google Trends are refereed to the people that are searching for the "OS/2" words on their search engine. It seems there was a raise of people searching for OS/2 on Google lately, because of the Apple Watch OS 2.

I was just posting it as a curious thing.

Regards
Martin, my comments just cover that too. You type in "OS/2" in the search engine and you get lots of stuff which doesn't have "OS/2". First you get adds in some high ranking search founds which of course have nowhere the search pattern "OS/2". I regularly do it in finding stuff for our system. Some years ago it did give you what you asked for, today they serve you with answers which do right to their pockets.

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 07:37:42 pm »
According to https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3031966  there are two reasons that we are in lite mode which has restrictions on such things as route dragging to change. Normal mode relies on 3D and a webGL enabled browser.
Yes, I know, but they lie about the dragging and dropping, did it before without 3D and suddenly you need 3D for it? Just merchandising to get you to an other system which does support what they offer, your warned, they sold the drawing/cad app to an external firm some time ago, they are now locking up some favorite things, tomorrow (whatever day that may be) you can't use your own data anymore in their "office app" store and this will go on. And if you want your data back you probably have to pay for it because today your already not the owner of this data, read "the small text" in their end user license.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:01:06 pm by Joop »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 04:57:03 pm »
ehm.... today. This is so wrong Google :)

Maybe it is time for someone to take advantage of Google Adwords on OS/2 OS2 OS 2 ?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 05:00:30 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.