Author Topic: AVxCAT 1.4 alpha  (Read 41751 times)

Remy

• View Profile
Re: AVxCAT 1.4 alpha
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2016, 11:20:57 pm »
It looks like drdialog is only compatible with an older version...  :(

muffetta

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2016, 10:32:05 am »
It looks like drdialog is only compatible with an older version...  :(
Fortunatly this is no true: both work very well, simply rename WRC.EXE into RC.EXE, in case you prefer the Watcom resource compiler, prepending right paths accordlying to your needs.
Have nice Dialogs  ;) !
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:46:05 am by Barbara »

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2016, 05:06:57 pm »
Nice, I will give it a try.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2016, 05:49:33 pm »
Hi Dariusz,

I changed several parts of the internal filemanager and corrected some other issue I found (e.g. drop down list for presets incorrect after prévious update).

http://remydodin.levillage.org/outils/avxcat_140beta1.zip

File manager should be faster and of course better ( I hope )
I no more see the unstability issue I could find previously. I hope it is fine for you too now.
( No special debug entries added )

note: I used wrc.exe this time (it's ok)

Regards.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2016, 09:59:09 pm »
Updated to beta2    ( change beta1 by beta2 from the download link to get the update )
( same as beta1 but changed and corrected seek position under video advanced option. Now, it is very fast  ;) , optimized some code and starting video using KMP player under video advanced option will start at selected start-time )

Any feedback about beta1 test ?
Regards

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2016, 01:04:59 am »
Hi Remy!

Updated to beta2    ( change beta1 by beta2 from the download link to get the update )
( same as beta1 but changed and corrected seek position under video advanced option. Now, it is very fast  ;) , optimized some code and starting video using KMP player under video advanced option will start at selected start-time )

Any feedback about beta1 test ?

Well, I tested Beta1 last night...result is stil the same. Here is what I noticed though, the lock does not happen "immediately", instead I can hear the disk head seeking sounds, which tells me that whatever API is being used to retrieve HD/disk information kicks off, it is after that event that the system goes into this soft-lock.

In my particular case it takes 2 CTRL-ALT-DEL hits before the 3rd one finally reboots the system...and reboot itself is also an OS shut-down/close, followed by a power cycle, so this is the reason why I am not calling it a HARD-LOCK. Upon a re-boot I never have to do CHKDSK...so at least the disks are not flagged as 'dirty'.

I will test out Beta2 now...can I attempt to use a PRE/POST 'owncmd.txt' logic here? So far I have only tested with just the PRE owncmd.txt file, as I believe you were making some changes to enable the POST processing.

Thanks!

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2016, 04:07:26 pm »
Hi Dariuz,

New beta2 should be better due I found the unstability issue I could see sometimes. In particular situation, a process was called as mutch as you have files under the current directory instead of firering only ones (this resulted into overflow followed by AVXCAT crash). Now, this is corrected     

I just refreshed the beta2 on my server, please take the new one (some more updates - display of codecs, formats, version under help changed and simplified + thumbnail extraction when creating html for presentation is now very fast too - and now mp2 conversion works too and only ogv will not work)
Yes, you can use pre and post commands
put each command in a new line
no prefixed line or with a prefix of  'B'  (before) , it is placed as PRE command
e.g.     B @vol C:    or    @vol C:
If it is prefixed by 'A'  (after) then it is used as POST command
e.g.     A @vol C:

PS: This beta2 zip will show "beta4" under about.   

Regards 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 04:13:24 pm by Rem »

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2016, 03:25:34 pm »
Any feedback about latest build ?

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2016, 04:00:11 pm »
Hi Remy,

Any feedback about latest build ?

Sorry...got a little behind here...away on business last week...but I will get some testing done today...

Thanks,
-Dariusz

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 01:06:06 am »
I've uploaded FFmpeg v3.0 to Hobbes, http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/h-search.php?button=Search&key=ffmpeg-v3.0&dir=%2F
Remy, do you want to update AVxCAT to support it.  Also let me know if there is anything I missed as v3.0.1 will be released shortly.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 01:05:45 pm »
I've uploaded FFmpeg v3.0 to Hobbes, http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/h-search.php?button=Search&key=ffmpeg-v3.0&dir=%2F
Remy, do you want to update AVxCAT to support it.  Also let me know if there is anything I missed as v3.0.1 will be released shortly.

Thanks Dave,
I'll give it a try to check compatibility.

muffetta

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2016, 04:48:35 pm »
Hi Remy and Dave, it seems quite compatible with latest releases (no tested deeply but works quite well).
Thanks for your efforts!
Regards

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 07:51:00 pm »
Hi Remy and Dave, it seems quite compatible with latest releases (no tested deeply but works quite well).
Thanks for your efforts!
Regards

Hi!

It is strange it works for you... 
Can you please post the result of your AVxCAT parameters dialog ?
Do you have V3.0.0 listed or v2.1.5 ?

I checked for compatibility but I could not get pipe results from any direct command issued from under drdialog with ffmpeg v3 build !
This is the first ffmpeg builf not returning messages into the pipe command issued from under AVxCAT !
Without a working pipe, conversion will not work.     

I checked my environment and installed Dlls and all are ok.
Until this issue is found and corrected, ffmpeg v3 is currently falgged as not compatible.

muffetta

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2016, 08:36:33 pm »
Hi Remy and Dave, it seems quite compatible with latest releases...
Hi!

It is strange it works for you... 
Can you please post the result of your AVxCAT parameters dialog ?
Do you have V3.0.0 listed or v2.1.5 ?...
FFmpeg v.2.1.5, sorry, I badly expressed: installed/tested with appropriate instructions, both seem to work quite fine (not tested much).
Regards.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 08:49:39 pm by Barbara »

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2016, 09:50:25 pm »
Ok,

It works without using pipe fonction ( command line mode ) but not throught AVxCAT
I see that the wrong version is displaied which tells me PIPE didn't return required information out of FFMPEG.

I could read some information on FFMPEG development that they changed how pipe is working !
It would be nice having a FFMPEG V3 build with a well working (like under all prévious build) pipe function
Remember, all previous ffmpeg build up to 2.1.5 are well working with pipe under drdialog and using rxu.dll.

Hi Dave,
The problem I reported several weeks ago is always present and it is not possible to make this build compatible with AVxCAT until a well working pipe process with drdialog using RXU.dll (required).

It is very ease test, create a single drdialog, load rxutils and rxu and run ffmpeg from under drdialog using a named rxqueue (pipe) with FIFO option.

From all changes I could read under this build, resolving this issue should made it work with AVxCAT   

PS: I see a character size problem (V1, V2, Both) under this dialog I will resolve under next build.

Thanks
Cheers/2
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 09:54:50 pm by Rem »