Author Topic: AVxCAT 1.4 alpha  (Read 41758 times)

TeLLie

• View Profile
Re: AVxCAT 1.4 alpha
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2016, 11:49:40 pm »
Hi Remi,

Just try AVxCat

see http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/9875/f8ISEQ.png

Only convert a mp4 to a wmv and that worked.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2016, 01:11:48 am »
Hi TeLLie,

Good with ffmpeg v3.0.1  :D
Could you please provide me with this 3.0.1 build ?

( I see a bug I'll resolve - ffmpeg debug-log should be enabled and not disabled )   

Can you please tell me more about your environment ?
Thanks.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:15:57 am by Rem »

muffetta

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2016, 07:54:40 am »
Just try AVxCat

Maybe they are working on it, however syntax has changed a lot of times, release by release. My logs attempting to convert into wmv, the same you did, in this case here works right only SVN-r25157 and 2.1.5.
Regards.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2016, 07:57:05 am »

Hi Dave,
The problem I reported several weeks ago is always present and it is not possible to make this build compatible with AVxCAT until a well working pipe process with drdialog using RXU.dll (required).

It is very ease test, create a single drdialog, load rxutils and rxu and run ffmpeg from under drdialog using a named rxqueue (pipe) with FIFO option.

From all changes I could read under this build, resolving this issue should made it work with AVxCAT   

OK, I built trunk and it worked fine with AVxCAT excepting H264 where I had some unrecognized commands. I guess something was screwed with my tree.
I'll download the 3.0.1 tarball and build and upload that.

muffetta

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2016, 08:02:51 am »
OK, I built trunk and it worked fine with AVxCAT....
As supposed, great news Dave!

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2016, 12:34:37 pm »
Just try AVxCat

Maybe they are working on it, however syntax has changed a lot of times, release by release. My logs attempting to convert into wmv, the same you did, in this case here works right only SVN-r25157 and 2.1.5.
Regards.

Note: ffmpeg 1.2.1 was not supported by AVxCAT despite the pipe function works well.

As soon, version 3.0 didn't return expected information, the correct syntax can not be generated like it is with 2.1.5
V3.0.1 seems to resolve v3.0 issue and this is a very good news  :)

8)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 12:39:56 pm by Rem »

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2016, 12:43:27 pm »

Hi Dave,
The problem I reported several weeks ago is always present and it is not possible to make this build compatible with AVxCAT until a well working pipe process with drdialog using RXU.dll (required).

It is very ease test, create a single drdialog, load rxutils and rxu and run ffmpeg from under drdialog using a named rxqueue (pipe) with FIFO option.

From all changes I could read under this build, resolving this issue should made it work with AVxCAT   

OK, I built trunk and it worked fine with AVxCAT excepting H264 where I had some unrecognized commands. I guess something was screwed with my tree.
I'll download the 3.0.1 tarball and build and upload that.

Great news.... thanks
Waiting on it for tests

8)

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2016, 06:36:48 pm »
Hi !

A few news.
I could do a few test with a basic ffmpeg 3.0.1 build and found several things.
This build required me to install several dlls and freetyp6.dll why v3.0 build didn't request it when running it in line mode cmd.

I had some changes to do on AVxCAT for compatibility and more should be done in next days
(e.g. crop like croptop cropbottom and pad functions have changed since v3.0 and uses now -filter option)
Currently, I could well convert video files and saw v3.0.1 allowing a few more fps than 2.1.5 ( nice )

Curious, I tried again the v3.0 (refered as n3.0 after having changed dlls for 3.0.1 and n3.0 works now !
I search which dll was the culprit making no return into the pipe for drdialog and it is " freetype6.dll "  <<

As soon my code is changed and some tests could be done, I'll post a message about next available beta build
Regards 

Update: first test are promizing
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 12:32:53 am by Rem »

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2016, 01:55:41 am »
Some news.

After a lot of changes and code re-write since last beta and many tests with some new ffmpeg 3.0.1 build, all test seems to pass now as well as added vp9 (ogg or opus) and libtheora and more available options as well.

* Thanks to Dave and Gian Filippo having worked together with me resulting into finding source of some problems and new enabled codec support ( e.g. libopus with vp9 )           

I hope to publish the updated AVxCAT build very soon (docs to update etc...) with new added compatibility like ffmpeg v3.0.1 r2 (hobbes) and preserving ffmpeg backlevel support ( more ffmpeg version can be available on the disk now ) 
The new comming build will be a big major update

Cheers/2
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:38:18 pm by Rem »

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2016, 10:52:01 pm »
After a lot of work and taking account reported problems and end user whishes,

AVxCAT V1.4.0 (major update and added compatibility with ffmpeg 1.2.1, 2.1.5, v3 up to v3.0.1 r2) is now available on my web site.  See the "changelog.Readme" under AVxCAT page.

Thanks to those having reported found issue and having done tests as well to Dave and Gian Filippo having worked hard on ffmpeg.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:17:19 am by Rem »