OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

Odin

(1/5) > >>

lmotaku:
Simple question really. I have Odin installed, but don't know how to use it. The documentation tells me all these nifty things it can do, but not how, maybe I am a bit .. slow?
I really like Mahjong.. but I'd like to do a bit "more".

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote from: Larry on March 18, 2013, 07:17:15 pm ---Simple question really. I have Odin installed, but don't know how to use it. The documentation tells me all these nifty things it can do, but not how, maybe I am a bit .. slow?
I really like Mahjong.. but I'd like to do a bit "more".

--- End quote ---

Personally, the only reason I install ODIN, is because FLASH, and JAVA, require the libraries.

However, usually you can do:
PE.exe awindows .exe parameters
and it will attempt to start the awindows program. If the program is simple enough, is 32 bit, and doesn't rely on other things, it might work. Usually you will find that it needs other windows support, that is not in ODIN.

There are other commands, but that works as well as any that I ever tried. ODIN has been updated recently, but it never did work very well to run windows programs. The main use today, is that OS/2 programs can use the  libraries.

If you look around, you can find a number of games. Search for games at: http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/ You will find many other things there too.

lmotaku:
Haha. By "more" I meant install Flash 11, Flash 5 won't run Youtube. Unless you know of a fancier way to get Youtube working? I've gotten Gnash, but I can't figure out a way to force Firefox to use it, unless of course I code my own plugin.

melf:
You'll need a license of eCS to download Flash 11. Even though things like Flash and Open Office normally are free, it is not for eCS. It is not Adobe who makes the plugin, just allowing the development of an eCS version based on Odin. For Open Office it is development costs of our specific version (however you can compile it yourself I guess, but I think it is not an easy thing).

lmotaku:
That just tells me I need to create a workaround for myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version