Author Topic: Spam Filter  (Read 7728 times)

Digi

• http://os2.snc.ru/
    • View Profile
    • OS/2 ports and applications
Spam Filter
« on: January 12, 2016, 10:13:59 am »
Hi all.

I made a spam filter to use on my mail server. It uses a variety of typical methods: on-line whitelists (RWL), on-line blacklists (URIBL, DNSBL), SPF, greylisting, analysis of the EHLO, MAIL FROM, etc. The filter works on my server with Weasel 2.01 the last few weeks and gives good results for me.
If someone is interested - I need some help. At first, of course, testing. I have no way to test how it works when all incoming mail sent from the ISP relay server. In theory, this situation should some loosen filter, because there is no possibility to check the external server's EHLO.
My english is not very good, so the second problem is the correction short texts - two readme files and comments at the configuration file. It is necessary to make them correct and clear.

Binaries and sources can be downloaded from my FTP server:

ftp://digi.os2.snc.ru/pub/SpamFilter/

Greg Pringle

• View Profile
Re: Spam Filter
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 12:13:53 pm »
I did a different version of a filter using java. I wrote a smtp spoofer which acts as a relay to the actual smtp server but then intercepts address and can check mail content. It then either actually relays the mail or ends the mail session in harsh terms. This keeps the actual server (I use an OS/2 server from years ago) running normal. It also can logs entire sessions for debug or just "review". This approach allows selective forwarding of mail. I also have a pure java email server which does not do forwarding and a pop server (also java) to store the mail.

Digi

• http://os2.snc.ru/
    • View Profile
    • OS/2 ports and applications
Re: Spam Filter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 02:01:48 pm »
A new version 1.1 of the SpamFilter is available...