Author Topic: Experimental SeaMonkey build  (Read 19048 times)

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Experimental SeaMonkey build
« on: January 16, 2016, 04:55:27 am »
I've uploaded an experimental build of SM 2.28 to https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr31/downloads.
This build is optimized for Core2Duo and should work on most CPU's less then a decade old with best performance on Intel chips after P4, probably good performance on AMD as well, untested. If you get a sigill, your CPU is too old.
This is also linked against the new Fontconfig currently available in the Netlabs RPM experimental repository.
Other then above, same code, same requirements.

muffetta

Re: Experimental SeaMonkey build
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 07:21:39 am »
Great job Dave, thanks for your efforts!
Unfortunately, still crash opening "Download Manager" window, and sometimes i got the "Flash plugin! - Failed to load Flash Win32 plugin." window.

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 08:57:48 pm »
HI Dave !

On new install of eCS 2.2 /w flash is working pretty good so far ! Only TRP was on Facebook, but that happens on all Mozilla apps.

The "Download Manager" works here too.

Thanks for the hard work ! Do you have a version of Enigmail that works with TB 31 ?

Greggory
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 09:01:23 pm by Greggory Shaw »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 04:40:24 am »
@Barb. Sorry to hear the Download Manager crash is still there. I thought that some of the subtle bug fixes that dmik did fixed it. I notice you're using SNAP, does the crash happen in safe mode or with MOZ_ACCELERATED=0 set?
You do know about the workaround of not using the DownLoad Manager? Preferences-->Browser-->Downloads and click use a progress bar.

@Greggory, no I don't have a version of Enigmail that works with newer TB or SM. The problem is that Enigmail now uses CTYPES to load functions from native DLLs and I'm probably not skillful enough to write the JavaScript to open libc066.dll and use the libc functions to open and run PGP.

One thing I was curious about is how the fonts look for everyone?

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 07:31:51 am »
@Barb. Sorry to hear the Download Manager crash is still there. I thought that some of the subtle bug fixes that dmik did fixed it. I notice you're using SNAP, does the crash happen in safe mode or with MOZ_ACCELERATED=0 set?
You do know about the workaround of not using the DownLoad Manager? Preferences-->Browser-->Downloads and click use a progress bar.

It's fixed here and thx for the hard work !

@Greggory, no I don't have a version of Enigmail that works with newer TB or SM. The problem is that Enigmail now uses CTYPES to load functions from native DLLs and I'm probably not skillful enough to write the JavaScript to open libc066.dll and use the libc functions to open and run PGP.

To bad Enigmail :( - but yes the fonts look good !

Greggory

muffetta

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 08:33:12 am »
Crash is still there, both 1/0 MOZ_ACCELERATED set, SNAP, PANO and old GRADD
Looks right.

muffetta

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 08:40:56 am »
Yes, i know Greggory, crash will occurr as soon as your downloaded file list will be too long, and of course, using the progrbar is a workaround for it, otherwhise, keep it quite short.

muffetta

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 08:45:25 am »
Yes, i know Greggory, the crash will occurr as soon as your downloaded file list will be too long, and of course, using the progrbar is a workaround for it, otherwhise, keep it quite short.

muffetta

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 08:50:54 am »
@Barb. Sorry to hear the Download Manager ...
Dave, here also the "Go back one page" button and the "Go forward one page" on the "Navigation Toolbar" are not available wile browsing, the "Back space" key instead works, while "Alt+LeftArrow" and "Alt+RightArrow" keys not.
Suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 10:24:23 am by Barbara »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 08:03:56 pm »
That's strange. can you right click on the navigation bar (might have to try a couple of spots), choose Customize and drag them back or click restore default set?
Everything works fine here and I've been using this build for quite a while.

muffetta

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 08:36:18 pm »
That's strange. can you right click on the navigation bar (might have to try a couple of spots), choose Customize and drag them back or click restore default set?
Everything works fine here and I've been using this build for quite a while.
Just after restore default set.
Yes, quite strange  :D
Maybe switching to a new, clean profile will solve.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 09:38:52 pm by Barbara »

muffetta

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 11:20:12 am »
Maybe switching to a new, clean profile will solve.
..Indeed. Thanks to all!

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 08:03:32 pm »
Did you try safe mode with your old profile? With luck it is an extension problem.

muffetta

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 09:24:39 pm »
Did you try safe mode with your old profile? With luck it is an extension problem.
Honestly no, I do not have a lot of extensions and I simply export mails and bookmarks, i create a new profile, then resubmit the old data, fortunatly i never got issues.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:31:20 pm by Barbara »

Andy Willis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 09:16:13 pm »
Anyone using Chatzilla?  It crashes here shortly after start.  I have not tried a new profile yet.
Actually, just gave a new profile a shot and it crashes even faster... previously it would start to load the servers in the list, with new profile it crashes immediately on launch of IRC.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:21:30 pm by Andy Willis »