Author Topic: Fonts in Lotus Word Pro  (Read 13132 times)

roberto

• View Profile
Re: Fonts in Lotus Word Pro
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 08:57:48 am »
TrueType font, in \os2\mdos\winos2\system.
I use this fonts and work with printer and with screen, with ae.exe. But the problem is repeat want do you want.
I use the firts font courier, and the second font courier bold. With this fonts I have the better results. When you change in the editor from one font to other, is when it take efect. In one line is ok, but in 2 lines of text in same cases overwrite the text. 

I didn't try the IBM PSCRIPT driver.

In my case with pscript, the ps file with gsview give me a error in DSC, and after that i can open the file.
Saludos 

roberto

• View Profile
Re: Fonts in Lotus Word Pro
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 09:14:01 am »

Because Lotus was WYSIWIG, if you changed the print driver it would potentially change the printout which meant that the screen changed to match what it would print so everything hinged around the driver in use and called into it for deciding how to render.
After many test, I think that the edit program when embedded font, if the font is in printer the file.ps with gsview no display overwrite the text. But if the font no is in printer, the gsview display a overwrite the text.
I check this fonts are work ok, but only one by one,not all the fonts in one selection:

%%Page: 1 1
/SavedState0 save def
%!PS-AdobeFont-1.0: Courier-Bold 003.001
%%VMusage: 120000 150000

/SavedState0 save def
%!PS-TrueTypeFont-65536-65536
%%VMusage: 0 0
15 dict begin
/FontName /CourierNewPS-BoldMT def  -->file t-mdos300-cb.ps

/SavedState0 save def
%!PS-AdobeFont-1.0: Courier-BoldItalic 003.001 -->file  1-300-09C.PS
%%VMusage: 120000 150000

Times new roman error:(this font crash the printer with a piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii sound)
Critical Error
Access violation exceptio (EGPFault) occured at CS:EIP =$0000005B:$1C88095A at $00011BF4 !
Terminate program ? yes no
------------------------------

Before all, unplug the printer, delete all previous fonts in psprint font manager. Close all printer programs. Plug the printer, and install fonts.
The fonts used are this, with psprint:
1-C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2\SYSTEM\COUR.TTF      and save
2-C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2\SYSTEM\COURBD.TTF and save
close the psprint printer driver.
open again, and delete the fonts 1 and 2
install again the font 1 only. save and close.
In this moment the second font is in printer and work ok. I hope... The resolution no is important, but for firts test a low resolution can be better.

Saludos