Author Topic: eCS_Java Apps Pack Final  (Read 32332 times)

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
eCS_Java Apps Pack Final
« on: February 27, 2016, 11:34:35 am »
eJava-006.zip, Final and added wget option for programs to the Apps Pack !

http://os2notes.net/os2java6.html

*** All further updates will use small CMD files to add and download new java programs !

*** MAKE SURE TO EDIT THE JAVAHOME directory in the Install_eJava.cmd file if using Warp or <= eCS 2.1 ***

JavaHome = ProgramsDir || '\OPENJDK6'

===

Please Test - eJava-006.zip

user: os2user
pass: os2

ftp://os2notes.duckdns.org/

Install: Unzip to your Programs directory or location of choice (eJava is self contain leave alone) and run Install_eJava.cmd (only once).

Usage:  run install only once, separate scripts are included if u need to recreate the icons.
Just unzip over previous version to upgrade.

Any help with links to download the programs and settings please !

Just use this template below (only change the red) for new java programs and post them here !

CreateObjects:

rc = CreateObject( 'WPProgram',,
    'jAlbum',,
    '<WP_EJAVA>',,
    'NOTDEFAULTICON=YES;'||,
        'NOPRINT=YES;'||,
        'DEFAULTVIEW=RUNNING;'||,
        ';'||,
        'ICONPOS=2,12;'||,
        'ICONFILE='||CurrentDir||'\icons\os2\jalbum.ICO;'||,
        'EXENAME='||JavaHome||'\BIN\JAVAW.EXE;'||,
        'STARTUPDIR='||JavaProg||'\JALBUM-11.6.14\JALBUM;'||,
        'PARAMETERS=-Xmx192M -jar jEdit.jar;'||,
        'PROGTYPE=PM;'||,
        'OBJECTID=<JALBUM>',,
    CreateCollision )

return

(eCS 2.2 png icons shown )
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:41:30 pm by Greggory Shaw »

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
Re: eCS_Java Apps Pack Final
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 11:43:31 am »
UPDATED - Jmol version 14.4.3 has been released (2/18/2016). This is a Java molecular viewer for three dimensional chemical structures; it requires Java 1.4 or higher.

Just download Jmol-14.4.3.CMD to eJava directory and run (eJava-006_Final.zip required).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 08:28:00 pm by Greggory Shaw »

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 05:30:38 pm »
Hi Greggory,

This is a great idea, I gave it a try and I have a couple of comments...

iintl6i.dll is apparently required for something (got an error because I didn't have it and downloaded it from Hobbes) - that should be mentioned in the README. Also, it wasn't clear that you need to put the archive where it will stay, the files are not copied during install - only objects are created.

My Java is in \Programs\Java6 and I want to store my java programs in \Programs\JavaApps. It would be nice if the install program asked for these locations (with defaults offered) and then used them for all of the install objects. Maybe create some kind of *.ini file at install that is used by all objects?

Maybe it would be good if all programs on your server have a generic name (like JMol.zip) that contains the latest version known to work so a user doesn't have to download a new install file just to update - they simply run the same one again.

Inside the 'eJava Apps' folder created at install is a folder called 'Get eJava Apps' that contains shadows of install files for various apps. It would be nice if there was a directory called '\Get eJava Apps' that had only these files in it and then put a shadow of that directory in the 'eJava Apps' folder. That way, if I copy a new install file to that directory, it automatically shows up in the 'Get eJava Apps' folder.

I use ImageJ a lot, so here is ImageJ in your template:

CreateObjects:

'ImageJ',,
    '<WP_EJAVA>',,
    'NOTDEFAULTICON=YES;'||,
        'NOPRINT=YES;'||,
        ';'||,
        'ICONPOS=2,12;'||,
        'ICONFILE='||CurrentDir||'\icons\os2\ImageJ.ICO;'||,
        'STARTUPDIR='||JavaProg||'\ImageJ;'||,
        'PARAMETERS=-Xmx256m -jar ij.jar;'||,
        'PROGTYPE=PM;'||,
        'OBJECTID=<IMAGEJ>',,
    CreateCollision )

return

Here is the link to it: http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/download/zips/ij149.zip and I attached an icon for it. Once installed, you can update ImageJ to the latest version from within ImageJ.

Thanks!

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 06:23:48 pm »
Hi Greggory,

iintl6i.dll is apparently required for something (got an error because I didn't have it and downloaded it from Hobbes) - that should be mentioned in the README. Also, it wasn't clear that you need to put the archive where it will stay, the files are not copied during install - only objects are created.

Thanks!

Thanks I added  iintl6i.dll to the download location. However, that seems weird since it's a REXX script, but thanks I didn't notice because of using Yum/RPM.

Yes, the whole thing is self contained for now (lack of programming skills).

I'll follow up with answers to your questions when I get to sit down, and thanks for the program add !

Cheers,

Greggory

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 07:01:20 pm »
UPDATED - ImageJ is a public domain Java image processing program inspired by NIH Image for the Macintosh. It runs, either as an online applet or as a downloadable application, on any computer with a Java 1.4 or later virtual machine.

Just download eJava_add-ImageJ.zip and unzip it to the eJava directory and run ImageJ.CMD (eJava-006_Final.zip required see first post above).

Thanks to David McKenna !
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:14:56 pm by Greggory Shaw »

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 11:51:24 am »
Hi Greggory,

Added  iintl6i.dll and updated the README file !

My Java is in \Programs\Java6 and I want to store my java programs in \Programs\JavaApps. It would be nice if the install program asked for these locations (with defaults offered) and then used them for all of the install objects. Maybe create some kind of *.ini file at install that is used by all objects?

Lack of programming skills again. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this issue. I don't mind figuring thing out, but I need some examples. I would like to ask the user for those two locations and have Rexx create the config file.

Maybe it would be good if all programs on your server have a generic name (like JMol.zip) that contains the latest version known to work so a user doesn't have to download a new install file just to update - they simply run the same one again.

Very Good idea - I used the new file names as a simple backup. But, your way is much better. I only have to change the file name and add a backup routine (being lazy).

Inside the 'eJava Apps' folder created at install is a folder called 'Get eJava Apps' that contains shadows of install files for various apps. It would be nice if there was a directory called '\Get eJava Apps' that had only these files in it and then put a shadow of that directory in the 'eJava Apps' folder. That way, if I copy a new install file to that directory, it automatically shows up in the 'Get eJava Apps' folder.

Good idea and thought about it - I have a simple issue with the unzip command on this one (This would help me out /w RsyncBackup too anyone - help).

When the CMD file are in the main directory a simple unzip command is easy (using current dir).  If there is a folder in the the main directory called 'GetApps' - what would the zip command be for that ???  I need to drop down to the main directory, then unzip - using the get current directory variable. 

The 'res' folder (where I want to unzip and 'GetApps' are side by side in the main folder.)  I need to get rid of the last part of the path - CurrentDirectory = e:\programs\eJava\GetApps, then unzip ( e:\programs\eJava\res).  I guess that goes back to lack of a config file (ini) problem, that would solve the location problems for everything !

Thanks David

Greggory
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 02:19:19 pm by Greggory Shaw »

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 07:47:36 am »
Re-writing install scripts (almost done) ! Now programs will be installed to users preferred location.

And using David's ideas above. Here are the current programs supported.

Post a request here for your favorite java program to be added to the next version (upload an icon please). Posting a template would be really appreciated :) too.

Changing how programs are updated (now just re-run the script(s) ).

Cheers,

Greggory

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:41:28 pm by Greggory Shaw »

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 01:20:44 am »
Re-writing install scripts (almost done) ! Now programs will be installed to users preferred location.

And using David's ideas above. Here are the current programs supported.

Post a request here for your favorite java program to be added to the next version (upload an icon please). Posting a template would be really appreciated :) too.

Cheers,

Greggory

Almost done, any other ideas or programs to add ?

Rexx help, does some one know how to take user iinput (directories) and write a config file ?

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 06:56:11 pm »
 Another good one: Cademia, a 2D CAD drawing program found here: http://svn.cademia-consult.com/0815zxa/binary/CADEMIA_E72D-9276-00D9-4B86-9B3D-9E49-C933-A8D4/4.0RC6/CADEMIA_4.0RC6.zip

Here's the template:

'CADemia',,
    '<WP_EJAVA>',,
    'NOTDEFAULTICON=YES;'||,
        'NOPRINT=YES;'||,
        ';'||,
        'ICONPOS=2,12;'||,
        'ICONFILE='||CurrentDir||'\icons\os2\Cademia.ICO;'||,
        'STARTUPDIR='||JavaProg||'\Cademia;'||,
        'PARAMETERS=-jar cademia.jar 2>cademia_bugs.txt;'||,
        'PROGTYPE=PM;'||,
        'OBJECTID=<CADEMIA>',,
    CreateCollision )

return

I'll attach an icon.

onlineuser2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 09:06:39 pm »
Hi,
thanks for your work.
Has Freeplane been ported or tested under os/2?
If yes, consider adding it.

onlineuser2

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 03:35:50 am »
Hi,
thanks for your work.
Has Freeplane been ported or tested under os/2?
If yes, consider adding it.

onlineuser2

@David - thx I'll add it for next version and onlineuser2 it's seem to work (latest stable). I'll add too

Greggory

onlineuser2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 09:15:46 am »
Well done!

eCS_Java apps pack is becoming more and more interesting!

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 04:10:17 am »
eJava-008_test.zip released, added new install option !

Now install paths are saved and allows you to specify install locations !

http://os2notes.net/os2java6.html

*** All further updates will use small CMD files to add and download new java programs !

- Cademia and Freeplane added (zero testing), see post above for complete list of programs.

*** MAKE SURE THAT THE JAVAPROG  directory exist (where you want java apps installed) ***

===

Please Test - eJava-008_test.zip

user: os2user
pass: os2

ftp://os2notes.duckdns.org/

Install: Unzip to your Programs directory or location of choice  and run Install_eJava.cmd.

Usage:  run install only once, separate scripts are included if u need to recreate the icons. Just unzip over previous version to upgrade (backup first).

Any help with links to download the programs and settings please !

Issues:

- JAVAPROG  directory you specify must exist (working on that help)
- Does the 'Get Java Apps' show up
- Some icons may not be assigned correctly
- Paths maybe wrong if not starting (check and report please).

Thank you Jan-Erik, Johnny, David, Onlineuser and everyone that tested !

Cheers,

Greggory
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 05:45:29 am by Greggory Shaw »

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 10:08:44 pm »
Greggory,

I can't seem to get any app to install... at first because it couldn't find wget. I moved wget to a directory on the path and now I always get a message like:

[C:\PROGRAMS\JavaInstall\Get eJava Apps]wget -O EJAVA\res\ij149.zip --ftp-user=o
s2user --ftp-password=os2 ftp://os2notes.duckdns.org/eJava/ij149.zip
EJAVA\res\ij149.zip: No such file or directory

[C:\PROGRAMS\JavaInstall\Get eJava Apps]unzip EJAVA\res\ij149*.zip -d JAVAPROG\j
ImageJ
unzip:  cannot find any matches for wildcard specification "EJAVA/res/ij149*.zip
".

No zipfiles found.

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 05:09:30 am »
Greggory,

I can't seem to get any app to install... at first because it couldn't find wget. I moved wget to a directory on the path and now I always get a message like:

[C:\PROGRAMS\JavaInstall\Get eJava Apps]wget -O EJAVA\res\ij149.zip --ftp-user=o
s2user --ftp-password=os2 ftp://os2notes.duckdns.org/eJava/ij149.zip
EJAVA\res\ij149.zip: No such file or directory

[C:\PROGRAMS\JavaInstall\Get eJava Apps]unzip EJAVA\res\ij149*.zip -d JAVAPROG\j
ImageJ
unzip:  cannot find any matches for wildcard specification "EJAVA/res/ij149*.zip
".

No zipfiles found.

What does the MY_CFG_FILE look like ? The 'EJAVA' variable should have been replaced by the path you entered.

It should look something like this.

eJava = "E:\Programs\Java\eJava"
JavaHome = "E:\Programs\eCS\OPENJDK6"
JavaProg = "E:\Programs\Java\JavaApps"
combined_var = "COMBINED_VAR"

The 'JavaProg' - the directory must exist too

And if you're having problems with wget too, then the MY_CFG_FILE isn't set correctly.

Did you run install again ?

Greggory
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:04:07 pm by Greggory Shaw »