Author Topic: eCS_Java Apps Pack Final  (Read 32338 times)

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
Re: eCS_Java Apps Pack Final
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2016, 06:59:11 am »
UPDATED - Jmol version 14.6 has been released (2016/05/2). This is a Java molecular viewer for three dimensional chemical structures; it requires Java 1.4 or higher.

Just download Jmol.CMD to the "Get eJava Apps" directory located in the eJava directory and run,  (eJava-008_Final.zip required).

NOTE: to get furture updates just re-run Jmol.CMD !
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:28:32 am by Greggory Shaw »

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2016, 07:12:12 am »
UPDATED - TV-Browser 3.4.4 fixes bugs of the previous versions. New channels are now searched automatically on a regular base and changes will be shown directly, broken filters are easily recognizable, separators can be added to the channel list and the search contains a new type "Whole term" which allows to search for whole words and term without finding programs with parts of the term. The first day of the week is now configurable.

TV-Browser 3.4.4 will probably be the last version that supports Java 6, the next version will depend on Java 8.

Just download TV-Browser.CMD to the "Get eJava Apps" directory located in the eJava directory and run,  (eJava-008_Final.zip required).

NOTE: to get furture updates just re-run TV-Browser.CMD !
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:27:49 am by Greggory Shaw »

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2016, 12:06:30 pm »
New Version !
eJava-009_test.zip,  added 20 programs to the Apps Pack !

http://os2notes.net/os2java6.html

*** All further updates will use small CMD files to add and download new java programs !

UPGRADING.

1)  Backup the eJava directory first.

2) Unzip eJava-009_test.zip over the 'eJava' directory.

3) Changes - moved & updated the CMD to the 'Get eJava Apps' directory.

4) The CMD files in the 'eJava' dirctory can be removed, keep the 'Install_eJava.CMD' file.

Updated Java programs:

- jFtp              | New version 1.60
- TV-Browser   | New version 3.4.4
- Jmol version  | New version 14.6

1) To update just re-run the CMD file for each program in the 'Get eJava Apps' directory..

Known issues:

-  FIXED - The 'Get Java Apps' shadow folder isn't being created (do manually). Or change this to the correct value --  'SHADOWID=C:\Programs\eJava\Get eJava Apps;'||,

- FIXED - scripts can now find the conf file, but the conf file is still copied to both locations (just to be sure).

===

Please Test - eJava-009_test.zip

user: os2user
pass: os2

ftp://os2notes.duckdns.org/

Install: Unzip to your Programs directory or location of choice (eJava is self contain leave alone) and run Install_eJava.cmd .

(eJava Pack install, eCS 2.2 png icons shown, 20 apps below )
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:42:15 pm by Greggory Shaw »

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 11:55:25 am »
UPDATED - FreePlane version 1.5.12 has been released (7/20/2016). This Java app "supports thinking, sharing information and getting things done at work, in school and at home."

Just run jFreeplane.CMD in the "Get eJava Apps" folder to UPDATE !   

eJava Pack required - (eJava-009_test.zip install required)

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 11:58:46 am by Greggory Shaw »

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 11:57:43 am »
UPDATED - Jmol version 14.6.1 has been released (7/11/2016). This is a Java molecular viewer for three dimensional chemical structures; it requires Java 1.4 or higher.

Just run Jmol.CMD in the "Get eJava Apps" folder to UPDATE !   

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:01:20 pm by Greggory Shaw »

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2016, 01:26:34 am »
UPDATED - FreePlane version 1.5.12 has been released (7/20/2016). This Java app "supports thinking, sharing information and getting things done at work, in school and at home."

Cheers
Can you tell me how you manged to get this program run under our Java implementation?

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2016, 02:07:42 am »

Cheers
Can you tell me how you manged to get this program run under our Java implementation?

Oh, you're right I'm using freeplane-1.3.15 and not the latest version.

Thanks

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2016, 10:42:06 pm »

Well that was a mistake. I ran the install command, which asked where to put various parts. When it asked for "JAVAAPPS", I mistakenly assumed that it would be created if it didn't exist. WRONG!. It then installed some programs in the root of the drive, and can't find them. Creating JAVAAPPS and moving the folders there didn't fix the problem. The instructions say don't run the installer again, and there seems to be no Uninstall. Now what?

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2016, 10:48:58 pm »

Hmmm. I have WGET version 1.16. You are supplying version 1.10. You should never supply down level software, and any requirements that may change out of your control should be a requirement, not included.

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 02:08:34 am »
Well that was a mistake. I ran the install command, which asked where to put various parts. When it asked for "JAVAAPPS", I mistakenly assumed that it would be created if it didn't exist. WRONG!.

I been working with the same directory (created long ago JavaApps), thx for pointing that out.

Can anyone post a quick code of check dir exist & if not create one (and removing a backslash from 'E:\') ?

It then installed some programs in the root of the drive, and can't find them. Creating JAVAAPPS and moving the folders there didn't fix the problem. The instructions say don't run the installer again, and there seems to be no Uninstall. Now what?

The installer doesn't create anything outside of 'JavaApps' directory.  It may have looked that way, but nothing was transferred if the 'JavaApps' was not created. All the zip commands fail as you pointed out, so you are good with that.

You can run the installer again, but after you change the values in the MY_CFG_FILE or delete that file.

Below is an updated installer CMD file (just make sure the 'JavaApps' directory exists now, and I will update the wget file.

Also, can anyone post some good OS/2 icons for these Java programs (I have png covered) !

Thanks Doug I hardly ever get any feedback.

Greggory
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:30:09 am by Greggory Shaw »

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2016, 04:56:00 am »
I been working with the same directory (created long ago JavaApps), thx for pointing that out.

It is convenient, for testing purposes, to have a clean install, in a virtual machine, so you can test such things. I use VBox. You can do a snapshot of the clean install, and easily get back to it.

The installer doesn't create anything outside of 'JavaApps' directory.  It may have looked that way, but nothing was transferred if the 'JavaApps' was not created. All the zip commands fail as you pointed out, so you are good with that.

Well, it may be a quirk in the UNZIP program (as installed by ANPM) where it will unzip to the root, if the target directory doesn't exist, but that is what happened.

You can run the installer again, but after you change the values in the MY_CFG_FILE or delete that file.

I deleted it all, and installed again. Still no go. MY_CFG_FILE contains:
Code: [Select]
eJava = "W:\PROGRAMS\eJava"
JavaHome = "W:\PROGRAMS\JAVA160"
JavaProg = "W:\PROGRAMS\JavaApps"
combined_var = "COMBINED_VAR"
The last line doesn't look right.

Below is an updated installer CMD file

I will get that later (tomorrow) and see if it does any better.

and I will update the wget file.

Since you don't create that program, you should not be distributing it with your software. Somebody else distributes that, and you need to declare that it is a prereq for your software (with a place to download it). If you distribute it, you can cause problems for the user, depending on which one they happen to get started. WGET is probably not too serious, but it is not a good thing to do, as a rule.

Thanks Doug I hardly ever get any feedback.

Nobody ever does. I suppose that "no news is good news".

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2016, 04:34:25 am »
    I will get that later (tomorrow) and see if it does any better.

Well, it installed better, and I can run the supplied (mostly useless) programs. I cannot download any of the others though. This is what I see, when i try to install jFileBot (whatever that is):

Code: [Select]
[W:\PROGRAMS\eJava\Get eJava Apps]wget -O W:\PROGRAMS\eJava\res\jFileBot-4.0.zip
 --ftp-user=os2user --ftp-password=os2 ftp://os2notes.duckdns.org/eJava/jFileBot
-4.0.zip
converted 'ftp://os2notes.duckdns.org/eJava/jFileBot-4.0.zip' (IBM-850) -> 'ftp:
//os2notes.duckdns.org/eJava/jFileBot-4.0.zip' (UTF-8)
pathconf: No such file or directory
--2016-08-05 20:24:57--  ftp://os2notes.duckdns.org/eJava/jFileBot-4.0.zip
           => 'W:\\PROGRAMS\\eJava\\res\\jFileBot-4.0.zip'
libidn: warning: libiconv not installed, cannot convert data to UTF-8
Resolving os2notes.duckdns.org (os2notes.duckdns.org)... 97.92.48.200
libidn: warning: libiconv not installed, cannot convert data to UTF-8
Connecting to os2notes.duckdns.org (os2notes.duckdns.org)|97.92.48.200|:21... co
nnected.
Logging in as USERNAME ...
Login incorrect.

[W:\PROGRAMS\eJava\Get eJava Apps]unzip W:\PROGRAMS\eJava\res\jFileBot*.zip -d W
:\PROGRAMS\JavaApps\jFileBot
Archive:  W:/PROGRAMS/eJava/res/jFileBot-4.0.zip
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in W:/PROGRAMS/eJava/res/jFileBot-4.0.zip,

and cannot find W:/PROGRAMS/eJava/res/jFileBot-4.0.zip.zip, period.
When object exists object creation should:
  (U=Update, R=Replace, F=Fail) :

It seems to want libiconv which is not called as a prereque, and   it is not available using ANPM (or I don't know what to install). I seem to remember something about that, but the details escape me.

It also appears that the login is not correct.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 09:39:37 am by Greggory Shaw »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2016, 06:21:41 am »
There's been a few ports of libiconv, both for EMX and kLIBC and OS/2 support was even committed upstream in the EMX days, but generally current programs use the iconv functionality in kLIBC.

Greggory Shaw

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2016, 09:43:09 am »

It seems to want libiconv which is not called as a prereque, and   it is not available using ANPM (or I don't know what to install). I seem to remember something about that, but the details escape me.

It also appears that the login is not correct.

As you correctly pointed out the supplied wget is old, so update to the latest version.  I'll remove it for the next release and list the requirement in the Readme file.

Just checked the server and it's up (it's always up), so must be wget.

Thanks for the comments,

Greggory